Improving Children's Learning Through Play
The purpose of this programme is to help you develop your understanding of the different types of children’s play and your role in encouraging it. It demonstrates how current theories relating to children’s learning and development influence how play is valued and supported within early years settings.
The programme covers:
• What counts as ‘play’ and ‘playful’ activities
• Reasons why play is important in the early years
• How key theories of child development link to the value of children’s play
• The distinction between free play, guided play and highly structured adult-directed activities
• The adult’s role in supporting playful learning
✔ This programme is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training programmes)
✔ Written by expert authors
✔ Certificated by Pre-School Learning Alliance (PSLA)
✔ 70% pass mark
✔ Delivers 1 CPD hour
✔ Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
How to apply
This course normally costs £9.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Create a free account
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free