Supporting Early Language Development
The purpose of the programme is to look at how language development starts, focusing on babies and toddlers from birth up until the age of three. It looks at what recent research into language development tells us and there will be opportunities to reflect on your own practice and provision.
The programme covers:
• How newborn babies communicate with their significant carer
• The difference between infant-directed speech and baby-talk
• The effect parents’ responses to a babbling baby can have on their language development
• Strategies which help support children’s language development, and extend their vocabulary
• The importance of reading, sharing stories and rhymes
✔ This programme is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training programmes)
✔ Written by expert authors
✔ Certificated by Pre-School Learning Alliance (PSLA)
✔ 70% pass mark
✔ Delivers 1 CPD hour
✔ Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
How to apply
This course normally costs £9.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free