Female Genital Mutilation Awareness (FGM) - Online Training Course
This programme will provide a thorough guide to help those working with young people spot the signs that Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) has taken place, or signs that it will take place. The key aim here is to help professionals understand the risks and consequences of FGM, and how to act if they suspect a girl is in danger.
• Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards
• One module with multiple choice questionnaires
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate
• 70% pass mark
This programme provides a thorough understanding to anyone working with children and young girls.
1. Understand what the law states regarding FGM and the mandatory reporting duty.
2. Learn the prevalence, consequences and different types of FGM.
3. Recognise the signs that FGM has taken place, or signs that a girl is at risk.
4. Learn the roles and responsibilities of professionals.
5. Understand the importance of working together.
How to apply
This course normally costs £12 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free
- Optional paid services available