First Aid Essentials
This EduCare programme, produced with West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust, aims to give the confidence needed to react in an incident when someone urgently needs help. The three concise learning modules cover providing basic life support, handling life-threatening incidents, and dealing with day-to-day incidents.
The purpose of the programme is to give you a practical guide on how to handle an incident that may require first aid. This programme is not intended to teach you how to be a first aide, rbut it is designed to give you the confidence to know what to do when someone urgently needs your help.
The programme comprises three modules and three questionnaires. Its content covers:
• Providing basic life support
• How to react in life threatening situations
• How to deal with someone who is choking, drowning, seizing, bleeding or having an allergic reaction
• What to do if somebody has a broken bone or experienced a burn
• How to handle day-to-day incidents such as nose bleeds, insect bites, stings, sprains and strains and sunburn
✔ The First Aid Essentials programme is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
✔ Multiple-choice questionnaire
✔ Enriched with video tutorials to demonstrate key life saving techniques.
✔ Delivers 3 CPD hours
✔ 70% pass mark
✔ Developed in conjunction with experts at West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
✔ Certificate accredited by the West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust provides evidence of learning
How to apply
This course normally costs £26 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free