Hello, I am an Ofsted registered and accredited childminder and hold an NVQ Level 4 in Childcare and Education qualification.
• I have 2 adult children of my own and now have a young grandson.
• My adult daughter works full-time with me.
• I live in Sandsfield Park near the bypass, which is very useful for commuting parents.
• Each child is treated as an individual with their own specific needs and interests.
• I provide daily activities that offer the children opportunities to develop in an environment free from prejudice and discrimination.
• There is a no smoking policy on the entirety premises – to include vaping.
• Outdoor space is securely fenced, and the back exit is always bolted to allow the children a safe environment to enjoy the outdoors, explore nature and climb on the play equipment.
• The priority in my setting is to have fun, play and most of all enjoy being a child, while learning some manners along the way.
• I am a registered childminder of 30+ years’ experience in supporting children to gain skills, play safely and to grow with care and attention.
Staff and I are trained with relevant qualifications and we attend extra courses to develop our knowledge, enabling us to give children the best possible start in life. We are enthusiastic and love our jobs.
• I have an NVQ 4 in Children's Care, Learning and Development.
• Safeguarding Children Refresher Level 3.
• All staff and I hold pediatric first aid certificates.
•Threshold Guidance and Referral Procedures. Trained by Local Safeguarding Children Board.
|Last Updated: 08/07/2019|
- Childminding from £4.35 per hour
My Local Schools
This childminder has not yet informed us whether or not they provide any drop off or pick up services at local schools.
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- First Aid Certificate: HABC Level " Award in Paediatric First aid(QCF) (added 11/05/2016)
- Exam Certificate: EDI level 4in childrens care, learning and development (added 11/05/2016)
- DBS Check (added 11/05/2016)
- UK Passport (added 11/05/2016)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 11/05/2016)
Below are the latest reviews for Rachel. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
I would unreservedly recommend Rachel as a childminder. She and her assistants looked after my son for 2 years from the age of 1 and it was genuinely a wrench to have to leave when we moved house. He had such a happy time there, full of good experiences and steady warm care. Rachel was more like a family friend and I valued her input enormously. Even now when we meet up 4 years on, I see my son light up in response to her lovely approach to children. She was a really positive part of our life and we miss her.
Response by Rachel on 07/05/2019:
My son has attended Rachel's since he was 9 months old and has only recently stopped going,he has just turned 11! Rachel and her staff are amazing with the children and they do loads of fun activities and crafts.
Just a minute off Carlisle bypass it is so handy for dropping off and picking up and has a brilliant garden where the children can play on the grass or on the paved area with ride ons and scooters etc.
Rachel's home is clean and tidy and the playroom is well stocked with things for children of all ages to do.
It's such a big thing trusting your child with someone else but I felt comfortable every time leaving my son there.
Rachel and her team are amazing. I am a working mum and was VERY worried about going back to work with such a young baby to find care for. My daughter started with Rachel when she was 4 months old and was tiny. I needn't have worried. She became a member of Rachel's extended family.
Rachel's setting is very clean and tidy, and she has lots of room for kids to play in the garden, the playroom and kitchen. She has always gone the extra mile if she was ever able to. My daughter learned so much, that when she started school she was ahead of the curve. She knew her alphabet - because she thought it was a song and fun. She knew all of her colours and everything. She did arts and crafts projects ALL THE TIME! (We won't mention that I was paniced one night when my daughter's toes were blue - turns out Rachel had done a surprise gift with blue paint that I wasn't yet aware of - involving her footprints).
Rachel was always very thoughtful with holidays and created a diverse celebratory atmosphere (I'm an immigrant) and even taught the children about our holidays to honour our family. She celebrates many, many different cultures and holidays.
We never left Rachel's - until my daughter went to secondary school - she was 11! I can confidently say that having Rachel as our childminder for 10.5 years was a benefit to our family and definitely to our daughter - and our whole family calls her Auntie Rachel.
If you are in this area - she's definitely the one I'd go to!
Response by Rachel on 09/02/2019:
Thank you very much. x
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.