Nanny in Ripon
Usually responds within 12 hours
Female Non-smoker Member since Apr 2016 Last Updated Aug 2019 Last Login May 2021 Email
I am a confident and reliable nanny with 30 years experience and have worked with a variety of different age groups (babies, toddlers, children up to 10 years old). Additionally, I have also worked in a nanny share and I have also worked with twins. I love to take a proactive role in the children’s development, helping them to learn and grow, enabling them to become confident and independent. Among the many things I enjoy about being a nanny is organising the children’s days with different activities from cooking and arts/crafts at home to getting the children involved in different clubs and planning educational day trips. This provides me with a great sense of job satisfaction. After spending 24 years in London, I relocated back to Yorkshire to be closer to my family.
My duties and responsibilities have varied according to the role and age of children and have included:-
- Weaning - preparing and introducing different foods at appropriate age stages, batch cooking, and sterilising
- Sleep patterns - changing sleep routines when necessary at different age stages
- Diet - providing a balanced, varied and nutritious diet
- Menu planning – organising weekly shopping list for children’s menus
- Potty training
- Discipline - managing and encouraging good behaviour and manners in line with the parents' wishes
- Social Skills - organising suitable age appropriate play dates and classes to encourage confidence and development of social skills
- Health and Wellbeing - organising doctors and dentists appointments when necessary and relaying the results to the parents
- Child Safety - ensuring that children are in a safe and happy environment at all times
- Homework - encouraging and supervising children with their school work
- Parties - organising invitations and entertainer, ordering tables and chairs, preparing party food
- Proxy Parenting - taking total charge whilst parents are away for a length of time
- Multiples – looking after more than 1 child of the same age (under 9 months) eg. nanny share and twins
- Toys and Equipment - recommend suitable toys for development at different age stages
- Nanny/Housekeeper experience
City and Guilds Family and Community Care, Food Retailing & Hygiene, Cookery.
Paediatric First Aid Training
OCN Common Core Skills Training
I am looking for ad-hoc babysitting work in the Harrogate area.
|Last Updated: 18/08/2019|
- Nannying from £12.00 per hour (gross)
£12 per hour
No reviews have been submitted for this Nanny.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.