****NO LONGER IN NEED OF JOB****
Hi there! I am a Canadian student currently studying in East Sussex, England. I moved here in September 2018 and following the end of my term in April, would love to spend some more time immersing myself in British culture over the summer before I return to Canada. I am in the process of attaining a degree in education where I hope to become a primary school teacher. I have travelled all over the world, I play a few instruments, have a multitude of experience with adolescents of all ages, enjoy the outdoors, and most importantly love working and interacting with children.
Apart from my specialization of education as my university program of choice, I have dedicated most of my life to working with children. While in Canada I worked in partnership with Special Olympics for 4 years, providing primary and secondary students of all learning differences and physical abilities the opportunity to partake in an active and inclusive lifestyle. I have taught English in a rural community in Tanzania, Africa and have since maintained connection with the tribe elders to build a boarding school. I have been a private tutor as well as a ski and swimming instructor and have worked at various summer camps as a counsellor. My abilities encompass multiple fields, while in addition to my education qualifications, I have been employed as a home cleaner, a personal assistant for elderly persons, and a resource for people needing first aid, mental health support, or even just in need of a good hug and someone to talk to!
* first aid training
* 4 year employment with Special Olympics
* currently studying to be a primary school teacher, attaining a degree in education
* certificate in mental health training and response protocol
* 7 year continued volunteer work in local elementary school in Canada
* experience in personal home care with elderly
* 10 year experience of babysitting
* provider of intensive care for family member with Special Needs
* experienced traveller
* worked at a primary school in Netherfield as a student teacher placement
* worked at a secondary school/college in Battle as a student teacher placement
* volunteered at a primary school in Tanzania where I taught English and built a classroom
* Bonus: already been living in UK (East Sussex) for one year, familiar with the area
As my schooling ends mid-April 2019, the earliest I would be able to begin my employment is late April (April 20th - negotiable). My plans to return to Canada depend on my work status, however ideally I would depart the UK by early August, making me available for approximately 3 1/2 months. The opportunity to be an Au Pair seems exceptionally rewarding and if given the chance, I would try to make myself as available to my host family as possible throughout the week and on weekends if needed.
|Last Updated: 08/04/2019|
- Babysitting from £8.00 per hour
- Au Pairing from £10.00 per hour (gross)
Having been provided with a room and meals and acceptance into a family would be amazing. After further contact with any future host families, the possibility of either a weekly or monthly wage would be appreciated if my jobs are substantial and are completed with a high degree of effectiveness and support. More than anything, I wish for this opportunity to allow me to better experience England's culture. If by chance I could earn some pocket money so on weekends I could train to the Hailsham area to see my friends, I would be thrilled.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.