As a qualified Secondary Education Teacher (QTS/UK), I have 14 years of experience teaching Classical and Modern Greek, History, Greek Literature and Creative Writing in both classrooms and one-on-one sessions. I am committed to providing students with a challenging and interesting learning environment in which they can improve their cognitive and language skills while ensuring the successful inclusion of students with learning or communication disorders in the regular classroom. So far, I have succeeded in stimulating top academic performances from my students while simultaneously encouraging personal and emotional growth. I always strive to take their learning experience a step further, encouraging them to complete demanding research projects or to compete at a national level.
In regards to my teaching experience, I have worked in various settings and managed to develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives, including the successful inclusion of special education students in the general classroom. I constantly strive to develop and improve cognitive and verbal reasoning to enhance learning, according to age, ability and aptitude. Being energetic and versatile, I have managed to implement creative and interactive teaching methods, which resulted in improving classroom engagement by using multimedia animation, art and visual learning techniques. Throughout my career, I have managed to create a respectful environment between parents, students and teaching staff. My dedication, inborn patience as well as my ability to work effectively with adolescents, have earned me considerable success over the years. I have constantly contributed to high academic performance, with 75% annual success rate at National Examinations, during which my students achieved top academic performance. In addition, I was awarded for taking the initiative to effectively prepare students and coordinate our participation in the annual Youth Parliament competition at a national level. Moreover, I have always challenged students to think critically and improved their knowledge by assigning demanding research projects so that they are adequately equipped for university life.
GCSE Examiner, United Kingdom
Greek School of Leeds, GCSE Greek language Teacher, United Kingdom.
Hellenic School of Portsmouth, Greek Language Teacher, United Kingdom.
Online Tutor (GCSE, A-Level), United Kingdom.
Greek Orthodox School of Southampton, Supply Teacher, United Kingdom.
Study time, after-school programme, Senior high school teacher, Academic Writing, Greece.
Adelaide Magazine.online author.
General Senior High School of Koroni, Senior High School Teacher, Classical Greek, Academic Writing, Modern Greek Literature, History, Greece.
6th Vocational School of Athens, Senior High School Teacher, Academic & Creative Writing, Greece.
9th Secondary School of Athens, Senior High School Teacher, Classical Greek, Modern Greek literature, Modern Greek History, Academic Writing, Greece.
2nd Vocational School of Agios Dimitrios, Senior High School Teacher, Academic Writing, Ancient Greek History, Greece.
1st Secondary School of Moschato, Senior High School Teacher, Academic Writing, Classical Greek, Modern Greek, Greece.
8th Secondary School of Kallithea, Senior High School Teacher, Academic Writing, Classical Greek, Modern Greek History, Greece.
2nd Secondary School of Palaio Faliro, Classical Greek, Modern Greek Literature
Private Tutor, Classical Greek, Modern Greek, Modern Greek Literature, Modern Greek History, Greece.
M.Sc.: Modern & Contemporary History, 2015-1017
Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences - Athens, Greece
Thesis: “From triumph to conviction” The United Opposition in Government. 1920-1922
Grade: 9,19/10 Excellent
Bachelor of Science: Philology, 2001-2005
National & Kapodistrian University of Athens - Athens, Greece
Major in Medieval & Modern Greek Studies
Grade: 7,13 "Very Good"
Diploma with distinction: Freelance & Feature Writing, 2017
London School of Journalism - London, UK
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), Department for Education, United Kingdom, Date of QTS: 06/08/2017
• Pediatric First Aid/ CPD Certified/ 2018
• Child Protection Training/CPD Certified/2018
• Safeguarding Children /CPD Certified/2018
• Supporting Children with difficulties in reading & writing / University of London, UCL Institute of Education & Dyslexia International-distance learning/ 2018
• Teaching Assistant Diploma / CPD/UK/2018
• Certificate of completion in understanding English History - London School of Journalism/ 2018
• Certificate in Ancient Philosophy : “Aristotle and His Successors”/ University of Pennsylvania- distance learning/ /2018
• Certificate in Special education / annual seminar for further specialization entitled: “Contemporary topics of Special Education in Secondary Education / Department of Special Education of the University of Thessaly in cooperation with the Association of Greek Physicists/ 2008-2009
• Certificate in Linguistics Open University of Greece/ 2009
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & PUBLICATIONS
• Member of the Project :"Balkan Crossroads" Director: Sir David L. Philips/Programme in Human Rights and Peace Building , Columbia University, U.S/ 2017.
• Succeeded in Professional Examination for permanent teaching staff – ASEP (Supreme Council for Civil Personnel Selection) position 588 out of 31.000- Greece/ 2007.
• Tsourou, Dimitra. “ The evil of death.” Adelaide Literary Magazine, 17 Dec. 2018
• Tsourou, Dimitra."The philosophy of irony in Greek culture." Adelaide Literary Magazine,13 May 2018.
• Tsourou, Dimitra."Charalampos Mainemelis: Playful lyrics make creative social science." The National Herald, 9 October 2017.
• Master's Degree Thesis: "From the triumph to the conviction, the United Opposition in government, 1920-1922", Pandimos Library, Panteion University, Athens,2017.
|Last Updated: 31/10/2019|
- Tutoring from £25.00 per hour
- DBS Check (added 16/08/2019)
No reviews have been submitted for this Private Tutor.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.