I believe working with children is a privilege and honour. I strive to make a difference in the lives of children and promote a love of learning.
I believe in celebrating success and learning from failure. Allowing children to explore their learning without criticism or fear of failure.
I am a mother myself with an autistic son and dyslexic daughter, I have worked hard to help my children be the best people they can despite the constraints of our current education system.
This has inspired me to set up my own tutoring service, offering a bespoke curriculum, using a range of specialist teaching and learning styles to ensure success.
I am passionate about my work and simply just want to support and help as many people as possible.
I am a fully qualified teacher with an up to date CBR check. I have worked as a special needs coordinator in primary schools for the last 30 years. I am kind, patient and work to meet the child’s needs with a bespoke programme of support.
I have worked as a teacher for 31 years and taught every age group to year 7.
I have many years of tutoring including a 15 year old heading towards GCSEs and expected to fail them all- she passed!
I have also worked with pre school children and helped prepare them for school.
DIploma in art therapy
Diploma In Child educational psychology
BEd (hons) 2:2
Masters level diploma in SPLD
Autism training and experience
I am available throughout the week and weekends.
|Last Updated: 08/03/2022|
- Tutoring from £40.00 per hour
Starts at £35 to £40 depending on needs and travel times
- Training Certificate: BDA Professional membership (added 20/02/2022)
- Training Certificate: Membership for National Association of Tutors (added 20/02/2022)
- Training Certificate: BDA ACCREDITATION UPDATED (added 10/08/2021)
- Exam Certificate: safeguarding level 2 (added 30/04/2021)
- Training Certificate: PECs training (added 07/09/2020)
- Training Certificate: BDA accreditation (added 07/09/2020)
- Marriage Certificate (added 07/09/2020)
- DBS Check (added 07/09/2020)
- Training Certificate: Diploma in Art Therapy (added 03/09/2020)
- Training Certificate: Diploma in Child psychology (added 03/09/2020)
- Reference: Mrs Anne Mayne - SEN gov (added 14/07/2019)
- Marriage Certificate (added 14/07/2019)
- Exam Certificate: BEd (hons) (added 14/07/2019)
- Full CV (added 14/07/2019)
- UK Driving Licence (added 14/07/2019)
- DBS Check (added 14/07/2019)
Below are the latest reviews for Suzanna. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
What can I say except WOW! Suzanna is so knowledgeable about all aspects of SEND, she not only tutors to a high standard but also offers high quality advice and parent training and support.
Suzanna is a genuinely lovely person and has my respect and admiration for what she has already done for my kids! I’m in awe.
My kids are now brimming with confidence and look forward to every session with Suzanna. I wish I’d met her years ago.
My kids have been tutored by Suzanna for the last two years and I’ve joined this site just to share with you all how amazing Suzanna is.
My name is Rose and I have three children with differing needs.
One has ASD and one dyslexia and the other both plus ADHD.
Suzanna provided a caring, safe environment for my children to learn.
She taught my youngest to read in a month at the age of 8 where other teachers had failed.
Suzanna does not judge, or label kids - she gets to know them and works with their interests.
I can’t recommend Suzanna enough to anyone in the Colchester area wanting a tutor.
If I could give 100 stars I would!!
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.