Hi, my name is Steph and I'm currently in my third year studying Primary Education at Bath Spa University.
I'm very friendly, bubbly and will always do my absolute best to make sure your child gets exactly what they need from tutoring sessions! I'm very hardworking, organised and patient - qualities that are necessary when tutoring!
I've worked with children both in schools and playgroups, as well as in entertainment. For the last 4 years, I have also worked as a children's party entertainer where I go along to birthdays and events dressed as different princesses and characters! At the parties, I'll sing, dance and play games with all of the children. I really enjoy trying to make characters and stories come alive for children, whether through reading, drama, puppets or art!
I really enjoy anything creative! I spend a lot of time painting and sewing. I like to try and intertwine creative elements into my tutoring as I believe children will always learn better by actually creating something - rather than just filling in worksheets!
I also love acting and theatre! For the last 2 years, I have run my university's 'Theatre Society' where I have ran weekly workshops and directed shows which have been performed in Bath.
I am always more than happy to adapt subjects to what your child needs. Theatre, Art, Cooking and Sewing (etc) aren't usually major school subjects (especially at a primary level), but should your child have an interest, or just want to gain a bit of confidence, I'm always happy to tutor on these subjects too!
I am usually based in Bath for University, so I am happy to tutor in person within a 10 mile radius of the centre. If you would prefer online tutoring, this of course doesn't matter!
I have always been academic and flourished in creative subjects such as English, but struggled more with Science. I can definitely sympathize with children who may have lost some confidence because they also struggle - this is where I can help!
Every child learns differently, so if you have any questions or think I might be able to help, please do message me! I am very open and honest, and will always do my best to help.
I have lots of experience in working with children from newborns, through to A Level.
Over the past year, I have also gained further experience in nannying for children.
I always take a very kind, honest and fair approach when looking after any child. I always try to keep them entertained and excited about the world around them - learning new things when they don’t even realise it!
I have been able to create wonderful relationships with both parents and children. I’ll always make sure to go to the extra step so that all members of the family can gain the most from my time with them.
I also have experience in working with children who have SEND. I’m always very compassionate and treat every child with the upmost respect. I have experience with building a child’s confidence and attitudes towards learning, when dealing with various educational needs.
I have also taken on extra duties while nannying which have included, cleaning, washing, tidying, ironing, cooking, school pick up, play dates and day trips. I’m always more than happy to discuss any other needs you may have.
I'm always very encouraging and will do my best to also challenge your child to push them to the next level!
I have volunteering experience at my local playgroup, working both one to one and in larger groups with children aged 3-5.
Most of my experience is with Primary age children. I have lots of experience working with Year 6’s, especially in preparation for their SATS. I have a sound knowledge of the curriculum across KS1 and 2, so would be more than happy to help your child with any subjects in which they are struggling!
I am also available to tutor for Secondary pupils in the following subjects:
- English Literature
- English Language
- Religious Education
- Catering/Food Technology (Practical and Written)
- Textiles (Practical Skills)
For A Level students, I am happy to tutor in both English Language and English Literature.
I have worked with many students 1-1 and in small groups, so I am always able to tailor lessons to your child’s needs. I always try to make my lessons fun and informative, using a range of activities!
I am available for online tutoring and my schedule is usually very flexible.
If you have any questions, or think I may be of help to you, please message me. I’m always more than happy to arrange a phone/zoom call to discuss further.
English Literature - A
English Language - A
Religious Education - A
Catering - A
Maths - B
Biology - B
Geography - B
History - B
Chemistry - C
Physics - C
ICT (ECDL) - Distinction*
A Level Grades:
English Language - B
English Literature - C
Theatre Studies - C
Current Grade Average at Degree Level (Education - Primary Specialism) - 1st
- First Aid Essentials Certificate
- Food Hygiene and Safety Level 2
- CELTA (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Qualification
- Improving Children's Learning Through Play - Level 2
- Promoting Positive Behaviour - Level 2
- Female Genital Mutilation Awareness - Level 2
- Child Exploitation - Level 2
*References available upon request*
I am usually very flexible as I have a small amount of contact hours at university. I will happily work with you to find times that suit you and your child best.
|Last Updated: 07/05/2021|
- Babysitting from £15.00 per hour
- Tutoring from £30.00 per hour
Nannying: £15 per hour
Primary Level (Ages 4-11) - £30 per hour (Includes Planning Time)
Year 6 Targeted SAT Revision and Tuition - £35 per hour (Includes Planning Time)
GCSE Level (Year 7-11) - £35 per hour (Includes Planning Time)
A Level (Year 12 and 13) - £35 per hour (Includes Planning Time)
For 'In Person' tuition, additional fees do apply to cover travelling costs:
Within a 5 mile radius of Bath City Centre: £5
Within a 10 mile radius of Bath City Centre: £10
The travelling costs are per session, NOT per hour!
So, 2 hours of primary level tuition within a 5 mile radius would cost:
2 x 30 = 60
+ 5 = £65
Thank you! :)
- Full CV (added 19/05/2020)
- Training Certificate: Child Exploitation Certificate (added 19/05/2020)
- Training Certificate: Food Hygiene and Safety Certificate (added 18/05/2020)
- First Aid Certificate: First Aid Essentials Certificate (added 18/05/2020)
- Training Certificate: Female Genital Mutilation Awareness Certificate (added 18/05/2020)
- Training Certificate: Improving Children's Learning Through Play Certificate (added 18/05/2020)
- Training Certificate: Promoting Positive Behaviour Certificate (added 18/05/2020)
- UK Passport (added 13/05/2020)
- UK Driving Licence (added 13/05/2020)
- Exam Certificate: English Language A Level (added 13/05/2020)
- Exam Certificate: English Literature A Level (added 13/05/2020)
- Exam Certificate: Theatre Studies A Level (added 13/05/2020)
- Exam Certificate: Maths GCSE (added 13/05/2020)
- Exam Certificate: English Language/Literature, Catering and RS GCSEs (added 13/05/2020)
- Exam Certificate: Sciences, History and Geography GCSEs (added 13/05/2020)
- Exam Certificate: ICT ECDL Qualification (added 13/05/2020)
- Reference: Primary School Volunteering Reference (added 13/05/2020)
- DBS Check (added 13/05/2020)
No reviews have been submitted for this Private Tutor.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.