I am a 24 years old pianist and composer. I use a creative and fun approach with children and I also like playing guitar and ukulele to sing! The use of music and art is an immediate and happy way of learning and I am driven to boost children’s creativity, imagination and co-operation.
I also give piano lessons online or face-to-face to children, young and adult people at any level.
I have 5 years of experience in working with children and especially in the past three I worked in a nursery school as an after-school tutor in a class of twelve children, some of which diagnosed with ADHD and SLD. Through this experience, I have gained the ability to deal with this kind of disabilities and the creativity to find the right methods to learn and play with each of them.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
° After-school teacher °
[Istituto Paperino – Nursery School, Palermo (IT) / 2017 –2020]
- Managed a class of 12 children, aged 6 to 13, two of which diagnosed
with SLD and ADHD;
- Assisted pupils in achieving individual learning outcomes, from the
introduction to literacy and numeracy for the younger ones, to more
complex tasks for the others.
° Babysitting °
[Mazzone Family, Palermo (IT) / Jan - Aug 2020]
- Assisted in homework a 10 years old girl with ADHD, in order to make
her accomplish the learning outcomes required to enter secondary
- Drove her to a specialized school in SLD, exchanging feedback with the
psychologist about methods and achievements;
- Learnt new songs together, while I was accompanying her on piano.
° Babysitting °
[Leone and Amico Families, Palermo (IT) / 2019 - on request]
- Taken care of two 4 years old children for 3-6 hours, organizing
different activities: crafting, reading stories, dancing, singing, playing
with different musical instruments, cooperative games;
- Helped them in feeding, toileting and dressing.
° Individual after-school lessons °
- Private piano lessons with 7 to 24 years old students, from beginner to
intermediate level (2015 – 2019);
- Private Math lessons with two 14 years old girls to obtain the required
prerequisites for the first year in high school (2016);
° Music activities °
- Played the organ in church, accompanied the Choir during the liturgical
year and in masses for events (2016 – 2017)
- Took part in piano performances and choral music concerts;
- Collaborated with directors and musicians to put on live executions of
my own compositions.
° QUALIFICATIONS :
- Paediatric First Aid certificate
[British Red Cross, Edinburgh (UK) | Nov 2020)
- English Cambridge First Certificate - Level B2
[Eurolingue School, Palermo (IT) | Oct 2020]
° EDUCATION :
- BA in Psychological Science and Techniques (currently distance learning)
[University of Palermo, Palermo (Italy) | Sep 2019 – Present]
- Classical Piano Diploma (High 2:1)
[Conservatory of Music “A. Scarlatti”, Palermo (Italy) | Nov 2010 – Jul 2020]
- BA in Composition (1st Class Honours)
[Conservatory of Music “A. Scarlatti”, Palermo (Italy) | Nov 2014 – Oct 2019]
- “Sound Interaction Participatory practices in experimental music and performance” workshop
[Konstfack University, Stockholm (SE) | Sep 2019]
- 24 extra-curricular ECTS certificate in socio-psycho-pedagogical subjects and teaching methodology in music
[Conservatory of Music “A. Scarlatti”, Palermo (Italy) | Nov 2017 – Jun 2018]
- High School Diploma in scientific studies (AAA)
[Liceo Scientifico "S. Cannizzaro", Palermo (IT) | Sep 2009 - Jun 2014]
Here in Edinburgh I don't have my own car, but I am available to pick children up after school on foot or by bus.
|Last Updated: 15/12/2020|
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- PVG Check (added 15/12/2020)
- EU Passport (added 17/11/2020)
No reviews have been submitted for this Babysitter.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.