Jonathan's Reviews
Parent
Below are the reviews that Jonathan has written.
I was referred to Liz by both family members and friends who had availed themselves of her childminding services and told me so many good things. All I can say having experienced her work myself as a parent, is that she is so much more than a childminder. Noah is our first child and she helped us transition him from a few days a week to full time when we both returned to work. She is such a warm person and so kind to our son and the other children she cares for. He loves going there and believe me when I say, I'm always interrupting the fun when I go back to pick him up at the end of the day.
If you want your child to spend their childcare journey in a warm family home with a nurturing person who sees each child as an individual, go with Liz. Above all else and most importantly, she is always so kind. I wouldn't leave Noah with anyone else.
When you choose someone "in loco parentis" either for a few hours a day or all day for four of the five working days of the week as we have done, you want to know your children are being cared for in the same way as you would care for them yourself.
I can tell you with confidence that this is what you get with Liz Jones. She guides and nurtures our children so that each day they are spilling over with things to tell us, from the crafts and cooking in Liz's kitchen, to playing in the adventure garden or the paddling pool or mud kitchen! They even ask when they're going to see her next and talk about her at home. She treats them as if they are her own children, while making sure they know the boundaries that parents have asked her to implement. A real life Mary Poppins. Her house is orientated around the children, with a playroom overflowing with toys to a garden with a tree house slide and picnic trampoline area. Liz herself has a warmth that you can almost feel radiating from her and our kids love her for it.
I can recommend Liz wholeheartedly and without any reservations. Our kids are happy, warm, safe and developing their social skills with her. Above all else I never worry for a second that they are safe and being treated as I would treat them myself. There's nothing more you could want from a childminder.
by
Jonathan
about
Liz
(Childminder) on 05/09/2024
Response by
Liz
on 06/09/2024:
Hi Jon,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments (and a little Latin lesson 😂). As you know I love having your kids and will miss Noah so much as he progresses through to school.
Our twins were born when our firstborn was only 20 months and in the early months of their lives we were very tired. We asked Liz to come and work as our Night Nanny once a week for the first three months just to let us get some sleep.
Every tuesday night Liz turned up like clockwork at 9pm and we handed her the babies. She would shoo us off to bed and take the babies off us and rock them to sleep. She would then handle all the night feeds, changing, any waking moments, and she stayed in the twins' bedroom with them so she was on hand to look after them if anything woke them up or disturbed them. In the morning she would slip out by 7am with the twins still sleeping in their cots, or if they were awake she would stay until then as well.
As I have said before (she was also our childminder) you have to trust someone implicitly to leave your babies with them even in the same house but that trust is there with Liz. She always cared for the twins and left them immaculate and calm in the morning. Having just one night a week in those turbulent early weeks was a lifesaver, it meant we could sleep peacefully and undisturbed and without any worry and then face the next day re-energized.
I would strongly recommend Liz if you are considering a night nanny, both the lady herself and the night nanny service - it helps you retain your sanity and restore your energy. Liz is calm and kind and very experienced - she is someone you can trust with your newborn which is essential for you to be able to relax.