Hi, I'm Cathryn...Cate or Cath to others!
I am a fun-loving Australian, having moved to Edinburgh from Sydney over 20 years ago with my young family.
I am an active parent of two well-adjusted adult children who are married and have now left home. I have many years of nursing experience, since qualifying in 1994 in North Yorkshire. I worked for Tumble Tots for nearly five years, part-time, and in 2014 I completed an HNC in Early Education and Childcare at Edinburgh College (Midlothian).
Since summer 2014 I have been privileged to work alongside two busy working families, as a Children's Nanny, both in East Lothian and Edinburgh.
I a warm personality with very good communication skills. I like those around me to be themselves. I can offer indoor and outdoor play experiences, and can influence a healthy, happy lifestyle. I am comfortable and empathetic to a wide variety of family and individual situations.
A non-smoking environment would be highly sought after. I own my own car, but charge for mileage..
I have a current PVG certificate and a permanent UK resident's visa.
* Presently I work as a children's Nanny for two young children in Edinburgh, covering an extended maternity leave (now 18 months with them). I have also been working for a young family in East Lothian for nearly five years, They were 2.5yrs and 5 months when I started.
* I completed my HNC in Early Education and Childcare at Edinburgh College (Midlothian) in 2014.
* I've had five years experience of working with pre-schoolers in a fun and active environment, as a play leader for Tumble Tots, Edinburgh East (part-time).
* Registered nurse since 1994, and enjoyed working in both children and adult services. Now not nursing, and registration lapsed.
* I was a regular babysitter for a young family who I met through this site, and am currently providing before and after school care with another family, to cover a student placement. Both experiences enjoyed.
I enjoy my work, and can provide references and documents for all training.
I'd love to meet you! :))
Five years of working as a Children's Nanny in Edinburgh region.
Completed an HNC in Early Education and Childcare (Edinburgh College, Midlothian)
Formerly a Registered General Nurse
A Mum of two, now adult, children living and working abroad.
Happy to discuss individual requirements :) I have flexibility, with some notice appreciated.
|Last Updated: 21/05/2019|
- Nursery work from £12.00 per hour
- Babysitting from £12.00 per hour
To be negotiated. No less than £12 (gross) plus job related expenses please.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.