A Practical Guide to the GDPR
This course is aimed at all staff working within organisations that deal with personal data and need to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR encompasses any personal data that is stored and processed on a standalone computer, a network server, a mobile phone, in the Cloud or as hand written notes.
This course outlines key elements of the General Data Protection Regulation in an organisational setting and will help you to understand:
• 1. What personal data is and how it is used.
• 2. Why there is a need for change in data protection.
• 3. The new GDPR
• 4. New legal requirements.
• 5. Data maps.
• 6. Impact Assessments.
• 7. Disposing of data and recycling.
• 8. New rights for ‘data subjects’.
• 9. Promoting good practice.
• 10. Thought-provoking practical scenarios.
• Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards.
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C).
• A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire.
• Two CPD hours with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £20 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Create a free account
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free