Written in partnership with SEND specialists, Connect, this course provides an overview of dyslexia and visual stress for those that work with children and young people. It highlights how dyslexia can affect learning and gives some practical tips to help support those who have dyslexia.
By the end of this course you will:
• 1. Understand that dyslexia is one of several specific learning difficulties (SpLDs).
• 2. Understand more about dyslexia and visual stress and what causes them.
• 3. Learn about the prevalence of dyslexia and how to diagnose it.
• 4. Understand the ways that dyslexia can affect learning.
• 5. Understand how to report concerns about dyslexia.
• 6. Learn some practical tips to support those with dyslexia.
• Written in partnership with experts at Connect.
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C).
• One module with a multiple choice questionnaire.
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This course normally costs £9.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free