Effective Transition and Emotional Wellbeing in the Early Years
All families are different, and all children are different. It is vital that your staff work together to recognise and celebrate these differences. They also need to feel confident giving support to those that may be more vulnerable. This course looks at emotional wellbeing during the settling in process and gives ideas for creating a calm and enabling environment. It introduces traumainformed practice and how it can influence behaviour. You will also learn about creating secure attachments for the children in your care, and how to promote staff wellbeing. The course is produced in association with the Early Years Alliance (EYA)
This course is suitable for anyone working in an early years setting.
The settling in process
• A checklist involving children, parents and staff to ensure a consistent settling in process.
• Additional considerations such as children with medical needs or those requiring extra support.
Creating a calm environment
• Ideas for creating a calm and harmonious atmosphere.
• How outdoor play contributes to a calm environment.
• The impact of trauma on young children.
• What is trauma-informed practice?
• What trauma-informed practice looks like in an early years setting.
• How children show trauma.
• How trauma-informed practice and a calm environment help with behaviour.
• The impact of secure attachments with key workers.
• How to help children engage in their play; space, resources and time.
• The importance of staff wellbeing when working with vulnerable children.
• One CPD credit
• 70% pass mark
• Personalised downloadable certificate
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £10.50 + VAT but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free