Speech, Language and Communication in the Early Years
The purpose of this course is to explain what is meant by speech, language and communication, how we communicate and how we can enable and promote good communication skills that prepare children for their next stage.
• Understand the whole process of communication
• Learn about why communication is important, including details on the foundations for learning.
• Information on the skills children need to develop to be successful communicators, as well as a look at the language pyramid which shows how different communication skills relate to each other.
• A look at the interaction between adults and children, including small but important behavioural changes such as letting the child make their own choices, letting children speak themselves and not questioning them.
• Information on enabling environments including a set of useful questions you can ask yourself to help you look at your setting from a child’s viewpoint.
• Written by experts at the Early Years Alliance
• Visually engaging and highly interactive
• A useful spidergram to download to help you assess a child’s development
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £10.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free
- Optional paid services available