The Prevent Duty in an Early Years Environment - Online Training Course
The Prevent Duty in an Early Years Environment is designed to help you understand what the Prevent duty is and what you need to do to comply.
• Certificate fully accredited by the Institute of Fire Safety Managers and RoSPA.
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C)
• Written with experts at the Pre-School Learning Alliance
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate
• 70% pass mark
From 1st July 2015, the Prevent duty came into force and all childcare providers must have regard to prevent people being drawn into terrorism. The Early Years Foundation Stage, Child Protection (3.4) already states that ‘Providers must be alert to any issues for concern in a child’s life at home or elsewhere. Providers must have and implement a policy, and procedures, to safeguard children’. Ofsted will now be asking providers as part of their inspections how they meet this duty.
The Prevent Duty in an Early Years Environment explains where 'Prevent' fits in with the government's overall counter-terrorism strategy. It looks at what early years settings are expected to do and builds your knowledge of what extremism and radicalisation are and what you should do if you have a concern about a child, young person or other adult.
This one module course delivers one CPD hour and comprehensively covers:
• The government's counter-terrorism strategy and where the Prevent duty fits in
• What is expected of those in leadership positions in an early years environment
• What extremism and radicalisation are
• Who may be at risk
• Characteristics that may indicate a person is susceptible to radicalisation
• What providers must do to comply
• How Ofsted has incorporated Prevent into the new Common Inspection Framework (September 2015)
• Support for individuals at risk
• What to do if you have a concern
How to apply
This course normally costs £12 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Create a free account
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free