This course will help you to understand anaphylaxis and the severe and potentially life-threatening allergic reactions that trigger it.
• A look at what anaphylaxis is, along with the common causes like nuts, milk, eggs and medicines like aspirin, antibiotics and general anaesthetic.
• The possible signs and symptoms of someone suffering from an anaphylactic reaction, as well as the different ways that reactions can present themselves.
• A look at the different treatments for anaphylaxis.
• Helpful information on dealing with anaphylaxis as well as a video and detailed information on what you should do if someone begins to have an anaphylactic reaction.
• Details on what you can do to reduce the risk of anaphylaxis.
• Information on alternative medication and the increased risk of anaphylaxis from poorly controlled asthma.
• Procedures for emergency medication including information on who you can administer it to and when to call the emergency services.
• Further information for schools such as details on individual healthcare plans and staff who should be aware of symptoms and emergency procedures.
• A collection of helpful resources to expand learning.
• Endorsed by the School and Public Health Nurses Association.
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C).
• A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire.
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £10.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free