This course will help you to understand anaphylaxis and the severe and potentially life-threatening allergic reactions that trigger it.
• A look at what anaphylaxis is, along with the common causes like nuts, milk, eggs and medicines like aspirin, antibiotics and general anaesthetic.
• The possible signs and symptoms of someone suffering from an anaphylactic reaction, as well as the different ways that reactions can present themselves.
• A look at the different treatments for anaphylaxis.
• Helpful information on dealing with anaphylaxis as well as a video and detailed information on what you should do if someone begins to have an anaphylactic reaction.
• Details on what you can do to reduce the risk of anaphylaxis.
• Information on alternative medication and the increased risk of anaphylaxis from poorly controlled asthma.
• Procedures for emergency medication including information on who you can administer it to and when to call the emergency services.
• Further information for schools such as details on individual healthcare plans and staff who should be aware of symptoms and emergency procedures.
• A collection of helpful resources to expand learning.
• Endorsed by the School and Public Health Nurses Association.
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C).
• A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire.
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £10.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Create a free account
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free