Understanding and Addressing Behaviour in the Early Years
This course explores behaviour issues in young children and provides guidance on how best to address common concerns and when to refer on more serious issues. It begins by defining behaviour and goes on to look at influences on children’s behaviour. Advice is given on addressing common behaviour issues, as well as more persistent and challenging behaviours.
Module 1 - Children’s Behaviour
• Defining behaviour
• Influences on children’s behaviour
- Level of development
- Early experiences and relationships including secure attachments and emotional intelligence
- Parenting and different parenting styles
- Children with SEND
- Safeguarding issues
- Other issues including environmental, biological and transitions
• Addressing common behaviour issues using different approaches such as High Scope, facilitated support, changing behaviours and using rewards and sanctions.
• Identifying triggers for behaviour and the ‘ABC Check’
Module 2 - Addressing Persistent and Challenging Behaviours
• Early intervention
• Persistent and challenging beahviours
- Sexualised behaviours
- Children with SEND
- Other issues
• Physical intervention
• Reasonable force
• Risks of physical intervention
• Intervention procedures including what to record
• Written by experts at the Pre-School Learning Alliance
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C).
• A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire.
• Two CPD hours with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £18.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Create a free account
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free