This course will help you to understand diabetes, a serious condition where the body is no longer able to produce insulin, or produces too little, or uses it ineffectively.
• A look at the two types of diabetes, type 1 where the body is no longer able to produce insulin, and type 2 where the insulin produced doesn’t work as well as it should.
• Information on the signs and symptoms of both diabetes type 1 and 2, with a helpful video explaining what type 2 diabetes is.
• Useful management and treatment of diabetes including information that’s relevant for both children and adults.
• Further information that details a number of apps available on the NHS website that help with the management of diabetes.
• Specific first aid information for both adults and children suffering from the different types of diabetes including details on blood sugar levels and hypoglycaemic attacks.
• Important information on the treatment of a diabetic emergency, including details on checking blood glucose levels and what you can do to help them get glucose into their body.
• Procedures for emergency medication including information on the safe storage of insulin, and safe disposal of sharps.
• Further information for schools such as details on individual healthcare plans and staff who should be aware of symptoms and emergency procedures.
• Endorsed by the School and Public Health Nurses Association.
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C).
• A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire.
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £10.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Create a free account
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free