This course will help you to understand diabetes, a serious condition where the body is no longer able to produce insulin, or produces too little, or uses it ineffectively.
• A look at the two types of diabetes, type 1 where the body is no longer able to produce insulin, and type 2 where the insulin produced doesn’t work as well as it should.
• Information on the signs and symptoms of both diabetes type 1 and 2, with a helpful video explaining what type 2 diabetes is.
• Useful management and treatment of diabetes including information that’s relevant for both children and adults.
• Further information that details a number of apps available on the NHS website that help with the management of diabetes.
• Specific first aid information for both adults and children suffering from the different types of diabetes including details on blood sugar levels and hypoglycaemic attacks.
• Important information on the treatment of a diabetic emergency, including details on checking blood glucose levels and what you can do to help them get glucose into their body.
• Procedures for emergency medication including information on the safe storage of insulin, and safe disposal of sharps.
• Further information for schools such as details on individual healthcare plans and staff who should be aware of symptoms and emergency procedures.
• Endorsed by the School and Public Health Nurses Association.
• A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire.
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £10.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free