This course will help you to understand asthma, a chronic, long-term condition that affects 5.4 million people in the UK.
• A look at what asthma is, and the number of ways the airways react when someone is having an asthma attack.
• Information on symptoms a sufferer may experience during an asthma attack.
• Details on the common triggers for asthma, including house dust mites, cigarette smoke, stress and many more.
• A look at the different treatments for asthma, and medications used to treat the symptoms and reduce the likelihood of an asthma attack.
• Information on the two main types of inhaler, one for relieving symptoms, and the other for preventing the occurrence of symptoms.
• Information on other treatments that may be prescribed for asthma which includes tablets and injections.
• A helpful video that demonstrates the use of inhalers.
• Important information on first aid treatment to help reduce the effects of an attack, and procedures you should take if you suspect someone is having an asthma attack.
• Procedures for emergency medication including who you can use emergency medication on.
• Specific information for schools, including information on salbutamol inhalers which schools can purchase without a prescription and use in an emergency.
• Endorsed by the School and Public Health Nurses Association.
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C).
• A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire.
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £10.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free