This course will help you to understand asthma, a chronic, long-term condition that affects 5.4 million people in the UK.
• A look at what asthma is, and the number of ways the airways react when someone is having an asthma attack.
• Information on symptoms a sufferer may experience during an asthma attack.
• Details on the common triggers for asthma, including house dust mites, cigarette smoke, stress and many more.
• A look at the different treatments for asthma, and medications used to treat the symptoms and reduce the likelihood of an asthma attack.
• Information on the two main types of inhaler, one for relieving symptoms, and the other for preventing the occurrence of symptoms.
• Information on other treatments that may be prescribed for asthma which includes tablets and injections.
• A helpful video that demonstrates the use of inhalers.
• Important information on first aid treatment to help reduce the effects of an attack, and procedures you should take if you suspect someone is having an asthma attack.
• Procedures for emergency medication including who you can use emergency medication on.
• Specific information for schools, including information on salbutamol inhalers which schools can purchase without a prescription and use in an emergency.
• Endorsed by the School and Public Health Nurses Association.
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C).
• A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire.
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £10.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Create a free account
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free