Hello parents to be,
My name is Becki, I am an experienced, qualified nanny with a solid career history in childcare who is currently working mainly as a Maternity Nurse with some temporary positions. I am currently between positions and available for Maternity Positions starting the 8th of October.
A little information about me, I have a great passion for cooking and love creating healthy and nutritious meals. I am very creative and enjoy many arts and crafts. I also love to travel and enjoy spending time in the great outdoors. I am a devoted, caring and very organised. I have a very calm approach and cope well under pressure thriving when faced with new challenges.
My experience with children started around the age of 13 when I began running a small creche at my local church, I also helped out with Sunday school and youth clubs. My interest in caring for children lead me to work in the summer holidays at a Private Day Nursery. I completed work experience in a school nursery which lead me to an interest of becoming a qualified child carer. During collage, I gained experience in a variety of settings including primary school settings, a school nursery, time at home with a new mum and her baby, special needs school and the private nursery. Since qualifying I have worked in various settings I have experience working in private day nurseries, school nurseries, working as a kid’s world and creche representative overseas, and also 5 years working in various nanny roles. These workplace's have given me experience with children aged between new born and 13 years.
My aim as a Maternity Nurse is to fully support the parents after the birth. I hope by the time I leave your home I have managed to encourage, support and nurture you as new parents to feel happy and confident enough to look after your baby without any help. I am of course happy to discuss any worries you may have after I have left too.
My duties can involve:
• Practical help with care of the baby/s (winding, changing, bathing, dressing/undressing, settling to
sleep, providing stimulating activities to support early development)
• Information, support and guidance on caring for new baby
• Information and support with infant feeding (breast, formula or mixed feeding)
• Support and guide when establishing a routine
• Setting up sleeping patterns and caring for the baby thought the night so you can get a good night
• Sterilising and making up the bottles for your baby
• Teach you safety and hygiene around the baby
• Making light meals and snacks for Mother
• Proxy parenting
• Nursery duties including baby’s laundry, keeping nursery tidy.
• Driving client to appointments using client’s car if unable to drive.
I am based between in Central Edinburgh and Aberdeen and have accommodation at both locations I am also willing to travel anywhere for live in maternity positions.
In July 2016, I did a maternity nurse course and most recently completed a gentle sleep training course. Over the past two years I have both volunteered and worked professionally with babies under 3 months.
During my most recent positions, I have gained experience with;
• Both single babies and twins
• Bottle feeding and sterilisation
• Dealt with various health complications including Dysphagia, Colic, Reflux and Atopic eczema
• Supporting new Mothers with additional needs after birth including bells palsy and postnatal
• Sleep and Feeding routines
• Washing and bathing new born
• Weaning and meal preparation
• Breathing problems including bronchiolitis and infant wheeze.
• Helped to combine care of new born and older siblings.
• Experience with premature babies.
• Responsible for using a variety of medical equipment including Oxygen, Heart rate monitor and
feeding tubes. Administered medication and formula using Nasojejunal and Nasogastric tubes and
making formula using thickener.
I left school with 10 GCSE's 4 graded A-C including Child Development,Maths, Art and Religious Education.
I studied BTECH Early Years at collage full time for 2 years and qualified gaining a BTECH National Diploma in Early Years, level 3 in 2004.
Most recently I studied and gained Babyem ONC postnatal maternity care award and gentle sleep training level 3.
I have an up to date Paediatric first aid and clear DBS and PVG check.
Currently taking bookings starting from the 8th of October until the 25th of November. Full availability from February 2019.
Email for emergency/late notice bookings as I sometimes able to do late notice bookings.
Available for short term positions up to 12 weeks maximum, 24 hours live-in, 5 or 6 days a week.
Can work up to 12 hour days or nights only if local to Aberdeen, Edinburgh or accommodation can be provided.
|Last Updated: 30/10/2018|
- Babysitting from £15.00 per hour
- Maternity Nursing from £17.00 per hour (gross)
Maternity Nursing Singles from £17.00 per hour (gross)
Maternity Nursing Multiples from £20.00 per hour (gross)
Maternity Nursing per 24 hrs
• Single Baby from £190
• Multiple babies from £220
Please feel free to contact me for further details
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- Full CV (added 02/10/2018)
- Full CV (added 14/02/2018)
No reviews have been submitted for this Maternity Nurse.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.