My name is Alexandra Das, married with two children aged 16 and 15.
Since January 2016 I am working as an Ofsted Registered Childminder for children aged 3-11 years.
(Ofsted graded GOOD, September 2017).
I have completed childcare training, both in Holland and in the UK, and I am a member of PACEY (Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years). PACEY provides useful advice to parents and carers (childcare support, contracts, policies, etc.).
In the past I worked as a teacher in Amsterdam. My job was teaching Dutch as a second language to adults.
My services include:
-Childminding: before and after school (children aged 3 and over).
-Drop off and collection from schools in the local area (Berkhamsted, Northchurch, Potten End, Boxmoor).
- Preparing snacks, drinks and meals.
- Organizing play, craft and games in- and outdoors.
- Visiting local playgroups, farms and parks.
- Helping with homework.
- Transition into reception.
- Available for dog walking (separate public liability insurance).
Childminding: our house is situated close to Swing Gate Primary School and Thomas Coram School.
The children have access to a fully enclosed large rear garden, equipped with a selection of outdoor toys. Our garden has been re-landscaped and adapted to the needs of younger and older children. We have a wooden climbing frame with slide, swing, balance beam, stepping stones, playhouse, large trampoline, maze with wild flowers, play bark, large chalkboard, shuffle board, water table, football/ hockey pitch and dart board.
We have a dedicated playroom with a wide range of toys, books and a separate corner for craft, drawing and writing activities in the living room. Our premises are safe and suitable for children aged 3 and over.
Note: we have three (friendly) outdoor cats.
My aim: the children in my care feel happy, safe and listened to. They are learning lots of new skills as they play and explore.
Some of my interests: I love reading picture books (a few years ago I have published one myself about a little hedgehog), I enjoy playing nursery rhymes on the piano, doing craft activities and trying out new recipes.
I have lots of experience with gluten free or dairy free diets. Recently I finished a nutrition course which will give me the tools to provide professional advice about nutrition and prepare healthy menus.
If you would like to receive more information or if you would like to meet me, please feel free to send me a message. I look forward to hearing from you!
As a mother of two I have of course lots of experience with children. Apart from being a mum to my son and daughter, I have always helped out in their schools.
When I was at university I used to work for a 'student babysitting service' in Amsterdam, a job I really enjoyed!
Legal and professional requirements and services:
- Contract and policies
- Childcare vouchers and tax free childcare
- Liability insurance
- Ofsted registered
- Relevant childcare qualifications
- DBS checked
- Paediatric first aid certificate
- Basic food hygiene certificate
- Safeguarding Children certificate
- Full clean UK driving license
- Member of PACEY
- Inspected premises (suitable for ages 3 and over)
- Safe equipment (e.g. certified car seats)
- English fluent, first language: Dutch
- Working in partnership with parents
Last update: 24 October 2019:
- Before school: from 7.30 am, incl. drop off at school.
- After school care: Mon-Fri.
Note: 2 spaces left on Tuesdays, 1 space left on Wednesdays, no spaces left on Thursday.
- Available for dog walking (if required): mornings and afternoons, between 12.30 pm and 2 pm.
|Last Updated: 24/10/2019|
- Childminding from £5.50 per hour
- Rate: £5.50 per hour (incl. drinks, snacks, craft materials, petrol).
- Meals: breakfast £1, lunch or tea: £1.50.
- Settling in : one trial session of 2 hours, free of charge.
My Local Schools
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Swing Gate Infant School and Nursery
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at The Thomas Coram Church of England School
- I provide drop offs at Berkhamsted Pre-Prep School
- I provide drop offs at Berkhamsted School
- I provide drop offs at Potten End CofE Primary School
- I provide drop offs at Galley Hill Primary School and Nursery
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- Training Certificate: Safeguarding Children (added 08/09/2019)
- Training Certificate: Food hygiene, Level 2 (added 02/02/2019)
- First Aid Certificate (added 02/02/2019)
- Training Certificate: Understand how to set up a home based childcare service (added 02/02/2019)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 02/02/2019)
- UK Driving Licence (added 02/02/2019)
- DBS Check (added 02/02/2019)
Below are the latest reviews for Alex. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Alexandra has been amazing. Our daughter started with her after a bad experience with another childminder and so we were quite worried. We needn't have been - Alexandra is thoughtful, caring and treats each child as an individual. Her set up is great - she has many toys and games and carefully plans activities with a fun educational thread. She's also great with parents! I can't recommend her highly enough - we are so pleased we found her.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.