AVAILABILITY UPDATE ** Fairly fully booked at present, but ad hoc care and babysitting available around my other work. Enquiries welcome **
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile. My name is Denise (or Dee Dee to all my little friends xx). I love working with children and have many years Nannying experience.
When I started doing what I do, there was no such thing as being a 'qualified nanny' where I come from in Zimbabwe, Southern Africa , so I QBE ~ Qualified by Experience :) I have been a live in and a live out nanny for many families on three continents, (from one off single babysitting bookings to six years with one family and pretty much everything in between!).
If you have a childcare need that I might be able to help with please don't hesitate to contact me for a chat. I'm very flexible and happy to help if I can.
CURRENT AVAILABILITY -
Flexible / ad hoc bookings are often available around my other existing commitments. Enquiries always welcome.
THIS PROFILE INCLUDES A LOT OF INFORMATION. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO JUST SKIP TO THE PART(S) THAT INTEREST YOU :) Thanks!
I have a wealth of childcare experience, having worked both locally and internationally in a number of child-related roles for many years. I am dedicated, kind, patient, gentle but firm, reliable, professional, flexible and very caring. I count myself lucky to truly enjoy the work I do, and am passionate about all things children; their awesome personalities, interests, likes and dislikes, quirks and surprising perspectives... their development, needs, learning, hobbies, frustrations, hopes and aspirations .... the challenges they face and the challenges they present to the adults around them as they grow and learn and become fully rounded, unique individuals that it is a privilege to know.
I believe in building strong, positive, long term childcare relationships with the families I work with because, in my experience, the consistency, trust and stability this promotes is a great childhood foundation and an immensely beneficial and rewarding arrangement for all concerned.
I am very comfortable with nanny-share arrangements, which can be brilliant for only children. If you would like the benefit of an experienced Nanny for a few hours now and again, I might be just what you're looking for :)
Please message me for a no obligation quote :)
I HAVE INCLUDED A LOT OF INFORMATION IN MY PROFILE. PLEASE JUST SKIP TO THE PART(S) THAT INTEREST YOU :)
Having worked with children both locally and internationally for more than 25 years I have LOTS of childcare experience with ages from birth to leaving home. I particuly enjoy babies through the 'terrible 2s' (Terrific 2s!) — 5's.
'Only' children, 'middle' children, multiples, families through change- from new baby, moving home to separation, divorce, re-marriage, bereavement.... I have worked with many, many children and am proud to still be in touch with many of them :) They are and always will be my 'borrowed babies', and hold a very dear place in my heart!
I have done:
* Parenting! I am a wife and mom to a wonderful 17 year old boy :)
* Extensive babysitting~ all ages
* Live-in Nanny.
* Live-out Nanny.
* Au Pair Training and Support
* Holiday and After School club supervision
* Sun City (in Bophuthatswana) ACPRO (Assistant Complex Children's Public Relations Officer)~ this involved the care, supervision and entertainment of groups of children on holiday who had never met before in a variety of settings and activities, from story-time and creative art, to horse-riding, bowling, swimming, treasure hunts, discos, drama dress-up, bird & animal meet & greets, game drives and crocodile park visits! We made their visits fun and memorable!
* Event face-painting ~ eg school fetes, craft fairs, parties etc
* Children's parties ~ any or all of: planning, preparation, presentation, invitations, catering, entertainment, games, party-favours, face-painting, clean-up. Finding a way for your birthday boy or girl(s) to have their special event regardless of the budget etc
* Travel Au Pair ~ ie taking children from one location to another -
eg 1) Sole charge: collect from Mommy's house and deliver safely to Daddy's house in the same county.
eg 2) Sole charge: Collect from Daddy's house in Camps Bay, South Africa and deliver to Grandma's house in Devon, UK, three days later. Repeat in reverse 16 days later. (more examples at end)**
* Short Term Live-In, Sole Charge; ie move into family home and take care of home, children, pets, staff etc in parents absence eg on business trips. Various bookings ranging from a weekend to 5 weeks at a time. I did this on average once a month for 4 years.
* Relief Care - as above in but at my home as opposed to theirs.
* Teaching Assistant ~ UK, reception class.
* Exceptional Circumstance - eg post trauma re-integration of a child exposed to a violent crime, assisting both child and parents in recovering confidence, building relationships of trust, managing anxiety and fears, and moving on.
I am open to learning all I can about particular conditions that are new to me so as to be best able to support individual children and their families.
Further detail and examples:
* Specific, intensive, hands-on tutoring / intervention with specific conditions eg I did ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis) & RDI (Relationship Development Intervention) training and work under Jenny Buckle in Welgemoed, SA, when working with a little boy diagnosed with PDD (Pervasive Development Delay) and a little girl who had an ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder).
* Live in and Live out High Care ~ eg Diabetes: I met this 'borrowed baby' when he was just 2yrs old and together we learned all about type1 diabetes- from blood sugars and glucagon to twice-daily injections, the importance of diet, precise record keeping, unerring attention to detail, having fun regardless of the day's challenges! self-control and that life's about a CAN do attitude and not getting stuck on what you 'can't'. He's now all grown up, and I'm ever so proud of the responsible, articulate, wonderful young man he has grown up to be!
eg 2 Phobias: Sometimes it's very difficult for a child to interact with his/her world because of something that deeply scares / affects them, and which is difficult or impossible for them to communicate to the adults around them. To those adults, it can be confusing and deeply upsetting to know that your beloved child is sometimes 'not ok' but you can't figure out what is triggering the problem, and therefore impossible to resolve it. Imagine for a moment that your 10 month old goes into distressed meltdown, frequently, and she is three and a half years old before it is 'officially' recognised that she is phobic of something as simple and as obscure as Closed Doors. That's High Care. These situations are literally everywhere!! And I'm a person who helps her, and you, figure out a safe way through the day-to-day xxx
**More examples of Travel Au Pair, referenced above
eg 3) Sole charge: Meet family at holiday destination/ airport and bring children home in time for school, provide in loco parentis care until parent's return.
eg 4) Accompanied: travel with the family taking care
I am Ofsted registered (inspected and confirmed compliant) CRB checked, a Pacey member and my paediatric first aid & insurances are up to date. I hold a full UK drivers license and have my own 6 seater vehicle, appropriately insured. I do not smoke, only very occasionally drink socially, and am very animal friendly.
When I started doing what I do, there was no such thing as being a 'qualified nanny' where I come from in Zimbabwe, Southern Africa , so I QBE ~ Qualified by Experience :) I have been a live in and a live out nanny for many families on three continents, (from one off single babysitting bookings to six years with one family and pretty much everything in between!) This experience has taught me a lot about children and about myself ;)
Over the years I have done many courses and diplomas, not limited to childcare, including qualifying with distinction as an international Travel Agent fluent in Galileo, Public Relations, and Customer Care & Communication. Throughout my travels (4.5yrs backpacking solo) & studies I nannied to support and fund myself.
I work part time with a number of different families, and also offer flexible / ad hoc availability around my existing committments. I have a special bond with special needs families, am always willing to learn and I am always happy to help out if possible. If you have a childcare need I might be able to help with please don't hesitate to get in touch. All enquiries welcome :)
Thanks for your interest!
|Last Updated: 28/02/2022|
- Nannying from £15.00 per hour (gross)
- Babysitting from £12.50 per hour
*Please note rate increase from 06 April 2022*
Around £15.00 p/h per family, depending on number of children, number of meals and travel distances involved.
This increase has been unavoidable due to the increased costs of fuel, food, utilities etc. associated with providing my service.
Hourly or flat rates available by arrangement.
2.5 hour minimum booking, and Mileage is charged at current AA rate.
If I might be the right person for your needs, please don't hesitate to get in touch :)
Thanks for taking the time to look at my profile :) !!
My Local Schools
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Whitechapel Church of England Primary School
- Ofsted Certificate (added 03/02/2020)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 03/02/2020)
- Reference: Spalins Ref (added 27/04/2019)
- Reference: Lynlee Rampton Ref (added 27/04/2019)
- Reference: Ikea (added 27/04/2019)
- Reference: Ikea Cust Feedback slips (added 27/04/2019)
- Reference: Georgia Ref, CT (added 27/04/2019)
- Reference: Chalk Air Ref (added 27/04/2019)
- Reference: Bloomenkranz Ref (added 27/04/2019)
- Reference: M Gold-pic with permission (added 27/04/2019)
- Reference: Terry Kurgan Ref (added 27/04/2019)
- Reference: L Hellerman Ref (added 27/04/2019)
- Reference: Kayo Ref (added 27/04/2019)
- Reference: Von Hirschfeld Ref (added 27/04/2019)
- Training Certificate: Helping In Schools Course (added 27/04/2019)
- Training Certificate: Safeguarding (added 27/04/2019)
- UK Passport (added 27/04/2019)
- First Aid Certificate: Tigerlily Paediatric 1st Aid Certificates (added 27/04/2019)
Below are the latest reviews for DeeDee. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Dede is one of a kind she is an amazing nanny and my children adored her in the time she spent with them.
She did go above and beyond and showed she really cared about the children's well being, she taught them and disciplined them in a way only she can and I really can not recommend her enough!!
Such a nice person in general and so good at her job!!!!
Denise has been a wonderful person to have around. She looked after my 2 girls for a school year and made a huge difference to our lives.
She was reliable, timely and trustworthy. She spent time helping the girls with their homework, preparing snack meals and getting ready for bed.
The girls adored her (and little cricket the dog).
Denise was very supportive and helped me through the children's testing times! She was always pleasant and worked brilliantly taming the girls at bed time. There was never a raised voice - always managing the girls so well. Not only have the girls learnt from her - I have too. Our house is certainly much calmer for her insights into childcare.
Sadly Denise couldn't stay with us as another family circumstances changed but I will be forever grateful for her support and patience with myself and children.
We will stay in touch with Denise and one day pop to see her house of many animals!
Denise has been nannying my 3yr old since November 2011.My daughter was a very clingy child with extreme separation and stranger anxiety. She is also born profound deaf in both ears but is now listening and talking with cochlear implants. Because of her anxious personality we did not think of help until we reached a point of complete exhaustion. I was literally praying to God for help and Denise replied to our ad.
In her first meeting with my daughter she made her all happy and giggling just with a fews toys that she had got with her. We knew Denise was the right person for the job. Now Denise is like familyto us. My daughter calls her DD and showers cuddles and kisses to her every now and then. I can say she is my daughter's best friend. Not only Denise helped my daughter to overcome her anxieties but also made me a better parent. Denise is like a child whisperer she knows how to make a child feel special. Any child will be lucky to have DD in their life.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.