I am an experienced, respectful and friendly maternity nurse that has looked after babies from newborn onwards for 12 years.
And as a qualified maternity nurse, I have the ability to teach, guide and support the new mother regarding breastfeeding, sleep training, colic, reflux, newborn care and hygiene as well as nutritious meals for the mother.
My most recent job involved looking after newborn babies who have turned 4 and 2 years old now. I had sole charge of the newborn care. I was in charge of feeding them, sleep routines, changing them, bathing them, creating stimulating play for them, reading and singing for them. And taking them for the different neonatal appointments.
I have looked after a 3-month-old baby where I supported the mother with postnatal depression by actively listening to her, providing nutritious meals and ensuring total rest, supported the mother with breast feeding, bathing the baby, nappy changing, establishing baby’s sleep and feeding routine.
I understand the need for being non-judgmental or avoiding dictating to the mother concerning care for her own children.
As a mother, I was able to single handedly care for a 15 month old toddler and newborn baby simultaneously and duties included setting up feeding and sleeping routines while recognizing their differences even as siblings and acting accordingly.
My strengths include patience and are calm, and have further developed these through child minding babies, toddlers and older belonging to my family and friends.
29/01/2017 - Current:
-I have been looking after two lovely boys from birth.
29/01/2017- Current : From birth to 4 years
-14/07/2018 - Current : And another, from birth to 30 months
. Sole charge of the newborn care.
- In charge of feeding them, bathing them, changing
-Settling the newborns to sleep until they created their own sleep patterns.
-Setting up routines for them,
-Creating stimulating activities, reading and singing for them.
- As well attending neonatal appointments.
06/04/2016 – 10/04/2016 Maternity Nurse For New Mother And Her 3-Month-Old Crawley
• Supported mother with breastfeeding, guiding and advising her regarding positioning and attaching of the baby, alongside bottle-feeding twice a day.
• Made nutritious meals that increased and kept the mother’s breast milk supply.
• Allowed mum to rest as I cooked meals, did the dishes, sterilized bottles, fed the baby, changed baby’s nappies, tidied the nursery and other duties that she would normally do if she were alone.
• Was able to follow already established sleep routine of the baby as well as helping the mother by settling the baby to sleep.
01/01/2016- 30/03/2016 Maternity Nurse For First Time Mother With 3- Month- Old New Born Crawley
• Assisted and showed the mother how to bathe the baby.
• Was able to implement and establish a sleeping routine
• Followed the pattern of the baby’s feeding from birth and supported her with bottle and breastfeeding.
• Ensured that I packed all requirements in the changing bag whenever the mother was going out with the baby including nappies, wipes, teether, comfort toys, among others.
• Managed to comfort the baby with patience when they suffered colic by winding them after every feed and holding the baby with tummy down.
01/12/2014 – 01/12/2015 Maternity Nurse 2- month old baby Crawley
• Supported the mother who had suffered Postnatal Depression with her second baby by reassuring her and explaining that the feelings were normal and temporary.
• Encouraged the mother to have as much rest as possible by helping with the household chores and duties.
• Was in charge of feeding, bathing, settling the baby to sleep and all duties and responsibilities concerning the baby.
• Responsible for the safety, wellbeing and development of the baby by monitoring him 24 hours.
01/05. /2011- 30/07/2013 Play Group Assistant, Jungle Tots Crawley
• Organised activities that developed children's physical, emotional and social growth like songs, rhymes and painting.
• Maintained a safe play environment for the children to verify safety and wellness.
10/02/2009- 01/10/2010 Mother to 15 Months Old Toddler And Newborn Baby Crawley
• Ensured that the babies breast and bottle-fed on demand during their first weeks of life.
• Was vigilant about the children’s hygiene, safety, wellbeing and development by washing hands, sterilizing bottles, attending baby clinics and monitoring them all the time.
• Energetic and made sure that both children received full attention..
• Was able to make transition from breast to bottle at 8 months in one night.
• Was able to move first-born to their own bed through perseverance and patience.
• Regularly took children to parks, playgroups for fresh air and interaction with other children.
• Established a strict sleep routine for the 2nd child in their own cot and eased transition to their own room and bed.
• Was able to transition second baby from breast straight to cup which saved me from stress of trying to get them off the bottle.
• Introduced the weaning process by preparing fresh and nutritious home cooked meals that ensured proper digestion.
• Acknowledged that the two children although siblings were different and fed and looked after them and cared for them according to their individual demands as babies and children
• Was able to stay calm when the second child suffered reflux and just monitored their general health.
• Used tummy-to-tummy technique to reduce the discomfort of colic during the nighttime.
04/ 2016 OCN Level 3, Postnatal Carer/ Maternity Nurse, NEST London
05/ 2016 Paediatric First Aid Course, Riverside London
09/2011 – 09/2012 MA International Relations, University Of Sussex Brighton
Am available on Wednesday, Thursday from 9am to 7pm
And Friday 9am to 12 noon.
|Last Updated: 21/03/2021|
- Maternity Nursing from £14.00 per hour (gross)
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
£12 - £19per hour (Negotiable)
Babysitting services £10 - £13 per hour
- Reference: AMELIA COVER LETTER (added 12/02/2021)
- Reference: ALISON REFERENCE (added 12/02/2021)
- Reference: BELINDA REFERENCE (added 12/02/2021)
- First Aid Certificate (added 11/11/2019)
- Full CV (added 21/10/2019)
- DBS Check (added 19/10/2019)
No reviews have been submitted for this Maternity Nurse.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.