Dear Parents and Carers,
I would like to present to you our all inclusive day-care and development services. As parents ourselves we understand the importance of meeting our children's needs. Rainbow Cubs presents a unique perspective on child care, offering a home-like environment for the children to feel secure and loved in.
Our fees are all inclusive of the following:
• All nappies, wipes and creams (including sun screen)
• All meals and snacks (we prepare all the food we serve from scratch daily, using healthy ingredients. We currently have a 4 week menu, but we are working on expanding it and creating a new summer menu and winter menu!)
• Tailored activities based on your child's needs (We plan all our activities and games based on the individual interest and developmental needs of the child, and we are in the process of creating an EYFS Curriculum that will include activities and games for all ages and stages of development.)
• If you are interested, we also offer picture and video updates of how your child is doing during the day, this is particularly helpful during settling in, to soothe any anxieties you may have. We send the pictures via whatsapp on a secured phone and delete them once we've sent them.
• Monthly observations through 2Simple software. You will receive a monthly email with pictures of your child taking part in daily activities and games, including a description of what they are doing and how it links to their development according to the EYFS.
Our teams is comprised of seven members of staff, all of which are DBS checked. All the staff that work directly with the children are Pediatric First Aid trained, and all the staff that work in the kitchen have completed Food and Hygiene training. One member of staff has a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood and all other staff are either Level 3 in Childcare or Level 2 and working towards a Level 3. We have two designated Safeguarding Officers and a SENCO, and we always keep up to date with all our training and qualifications.
We operate based on a Key Person system, so your child will interact with all staff, but one staff member will be assigned to track and support their development.
Our staff to child ratios are 1 adult to 3 children for under 2 year olds and 1 adult to 4 children for under 4 year olds, but during settling in your child will spend time one to one with a member of staff, in order to ease them in.
We have recently been inspected by Ofsted and we were graded Good! If you are interested in reading the report, message us and we will send it as part of our Welcome Pack.
If you feel our all-inclusive service tailored to your child's specific needs suits your family, please feel free to visit our website
I have 7 year's experience of running my own childcare business, as well as being a mother of 2.
Degree in English and Clinical Psychology, Level 3 Chidlcare, Homebased Training for childminders, Safeguarding Trained, Pediatric First Aid Trained, Level 2 in Food and Hygiene, Level 3 Nutrition in Children and Young People, Level 3 in Nursery Management, DBS Checked, Oftsed Registered, SENCO Trained
|Last Updated: 24/02/2020|
- Childminding from £7.50 per hour
Our fees are discussed with parents who would like to consider our services.
My Local Schools
This childminder has not yet informed us whether or not they provide any drop off or pick up services at local schools.
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- Ofsted Certificate (added 03/12/2019)
- Exam Certificate: Food Safety Certificate (added 21/03/2017)
- First Aid Certificate: Safeguarding (added 21/03/2017)
- Exam Certificate: Home Based Childcare KimKyprianou (added 21/03/2017)
- Exam Certificate: Children and Young Peoples Workforce Certificate (added 21/03/2017)
- Exam Certificate: Prevent Duty certificate (added 21/03/2017)
- First Aid Certificate: First Aid (added 21/03/2017)
Below are the latest reviews for Rainbow. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
My son went to Rainbow Cubs and he absolutely loved it. I always went to work each morning with the safe knowledge that he was going to be well looked after and loved. I felt the staff had a brilliant balance of nurturing and developing my son, while giving him plenty of cuddles. He was definitely far better behaved there than with me!
The place is bright, airy and meticulously clean, with a great garden facility. The only slight improvement I could think of would be an occasional afternoon trip out somewhere, or even to the park.
I'd definitely recommend Rainbow cubs to any parent.
When you are looking at nurseries or child-minders you have a gut feeling as soon as you walk in to a place and we instantly knew our son would be happy at Rainbow Cubs. There is a real warmth and friendliness about Kim and Kyri that really comes through in all the staff. Our son couldn't have been happier and we were extremely upset when we had to move and take him out. The kids were all lovely, and all very caring and I think that's down to Kim and the team. Our son literally bolted through the door when you dropped him off each morning and we often had a fight on our hands taking him home in the evening. He really loved it there.
Rainbow cubs were flexible on days we wanted (9 day fortnights) flexible on hours, the place was spotless, they had a great garden with a big jungle jim and swings and the food they provided was also very hearty and healthy.
Rainbow Cubs set the bar very high and since our move we are struggling to find anywhere that comes close.
In short, we would highly recommend Rainbow Cubs.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.