Hi my name is Alina.
I have lived in Cox Green Maidenhead for many years with my teenage children.
I enjoy cooking, walking, listening to music and spending time with my family and friends. I am also a keen writer and am currently writing a novel.
My friends and family describe me as a warm caring person who is extremely hard working and dedicated to the individuals who I care for. I am a positive person and like to look on the bright side of life even when faced with adversity.
I am currently only available for evening or weekend babysitting.
- Over 20 years of experience with children of all ages ranging from babies to teens.
- Currently working as a private sole charge nanny for three boys, aged 21 months, 3.5 and 5.5 years
- Childminder since June 2009, before which I was a nanny.
-Worked as a live in nanny for a family with two boys of 1 and a half years and three years. Also worked for another family with three children ranging in age from eight months to fourteen years old.
- Before starting childminding I worked for a family with four children - 19months, 6, 7 and 9 years, one of whom has special needs.
- I am commited to increasing my knowledge and understanding of childcare and undertake regular training courses including risk assessment, working with parents in safeguarding children, and exploring development matters in the EYFS, signing with young children and babies, and problem solving, numeracy and reasoning in the under fives.
- I also have a degree in Psychology (2:1).
- DBS checked.
- I hold a current paediatric first aid certificate and I used to be a qualified nurse.
- I have completed unit one of my Diploma in Home based childcare
-Lots of experience in PA and housekeeping roles....diary keeping for family, cooking, cleaning, running errands, dog walking, organising and running household, taking children to appointments, food shopping etc
First aid trained
Specialist training in epilepsy and special needs. Specialised training in Attachment Theory after fostering a young boy with Attachment disorder for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
Previously was a Registered General Nurse
Lots of specialised training courses from newborn to teens.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss things further.
|Last Updated: 29/08/2021|
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
- Nannying from £13.00 per hour (gross)
Please get in touch to discuss further.
Below are the latest reviews for Alina12. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Alina joined our family to help me with my 3 boys who are all under 4.
The best thing about Alina is that she is a carer through and through - kindness and consideration for others seems to be part of her DNA, and shines through all the time. She is patient, encouraging and very warm towards my boys, and has noticed my boys' different likes, dislikes and habits, as they are quite different personalities. At a time of change in our family with a new baby arriving, my oldest boy has felt rather displaced - Alina has been extremely patient and understanding with him, and gets just the right balance between kindness and compassion, and firm but calm discipline when it is needed.
Alina has read the mood of our family exactly right in a short space of time - she got to grips with our routine super-fast, and has blended exactly into our family's culture - e.g. discpline, rules, tone. It's like having a clone of myself who does everything the way I would, and I really value that consistency.
She's really good at taking initiative, noticing what might help me and my husband and offering to do it, rather than wait to be instructed. Examples such as tidying, folding laundry, loading the dishwasher, preparing food etc.
She has been very accommodating indeed in terms of hours (our family needed unsociable early starts) and is impeccably reliable. Alina is great at communicating about dates and practical arrangements, and has proactively done so.
All in all, finding Alina has been a huge benefit to our family. She has moved us away from a place of being frazzled and overwhelmed to a situation which feels happy and sustainable in the long term.
Alina used an alias name and let me down with no notice in a Sunday evening. I wouldn’t recommend .
Response by Alina12 on 24/11/2019:
I too am disappointed with the way things have turned out but would like to reply to your review.
Firstly, if you felt that my standards were so low then how come you wished to continue to employ me?
It was in fact me who resigned for the following reasons:
1. I stated to you on numerous occasions that I didn’t feel that the children were taking well to me and you agreed that we should discuss this. However you failed to do this despite me asking on numerous occasions.
2. It had been agreed that you would pay me by bank transfer on Thursday evening. This was my second week of working for you and despite me asking four times I was not paid until Saturday morning after several messages by me to you. Therefore I had lost faith that moving forward I would be paid on a regular basis and I am dependent on this income.
I do not use an “alias” name, I explain at interview or soon after that Alina is a nickname that most people call me by, but at all times I use my legal name in all correspondence to do with my business and I am honest regarding using a nickname for day to day.
I did try on numerous occasions to discuss all issues with you but was generally told by you that you were very busy and despite my wishes to resolve all issues I did not feel the same level of commitment or respect towards me, which left me regrettably with no option but to resign.
I take my job very seriously indeed and pride myself on doing a good job and am deeply saddened that this has not worked out.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.