Holistic And Gentle Maternity Nurse - Montessori, Rie/Pikler And Cache Trained
My name is Assya, and I am a Certified Montessori Teacher (0-3 years), a RIE/Pikler
Certified Nurturing Nanny, and an OCN Certified Maternity Nurse.
I specialize in providing night and around-the-clock care for newborns and infants,
guided by a holistic, respectful, and routine-oriented approach.
By day, I focus on ensuring that babies are well-fed and create a secure, stimulating, and soothing environment while assisting them in establishing consistent and predictable daytime
As babies grow and their weight and development allow, my goal is to gently
guide them toward sleeping through the night, fostering a safe and healthy sleep
As a maternity nurse, my role also involves providing advice and guidance to new
parents as they welcome a new baby and navigate the challenges of parenthood
during this transformative time.
If you are a new parent in search of well-deserved rest or if you are expecting a baby and would like support during the first few weeks postnatal, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I speak French and English.
I am a Gold Member so you can contact me for free.
• Proficient in all aspects of newborn and baby care, encompassing feeding, burping,
diaper changes, bathing, dressing, as well as cleaning, and sterilization of bottles
and feeding equipment.
• Able to establish and adapt consistent routines to ensure a child's well-structured
naps during the day and sound nighttime sleep in a gentle and healthy manner.
• Competent in creating and following consistent and adaptable routines as a child
• Skilled in guiding children to achieve their developmental milestones in an organic,
healthy, and safe manner.
• Able to offer non-judgmental support and advice to mothers regarding
breastfeeding if needed.
• Experienced in assisting parents with weaning, whether through traditional methods
or baby-led weaning.
• Proficient in supporting children with toilet training as soon as they show readiness.
• Capable of setting up Montessori/Pikler® environments, such as nurseries,
playrooms, and bathrooms, from scratch. Offering advice to parents on materials
that enhance their children's development and updating these materials as the child
• Skilled in engaging children in a variety of hands-on, creative play, activities, and
adventures, with a focus on child-led Montessori activities.
• Proficient in helping children become bilingual by naturally teaching French
• Skilled in organizing children's wardrobes and belongings and maintaining their
living spaces clean and tidy.
• Experienced in providing 24/7 around-the-clock care.
• Proficient in offering 24/7 proxy-parenting care when both parents are away, with
sole charge of the children.
• Willing to travel with the family throughout the year as needed.
• Able to efficiently pack and unpack children's clothing, toys, and other essentials
for family trips.
• Confident swimmer.
Graduated With Honours as a Certified Montessori Teacher Infant/Toddler (0-3)
Certified RIE® Nurturing Nanny™
Certified Happiest Baby Educator (the creator of the SNOO)
OCN Level 4 Gentle Sleep Practitioner
OCN Level 3 Breastfeeding Advisor
OCN Level 3 Baby Gentle Sleep Training
OCN Level 3 Post Natal Maternity Nurse Care Award
OCN Level 3 Healthy Eating and Nutrition
Baby Massage Course
Up-to-date Paediatric First Aid - 12 hours training - EYFS and Ofsted compliant
Clean and Up to date DBS Check
Clean and up-to-date French Police Check
Available from December onward.
|Last Updated: 03/12/2023|
- Maternity Nursing from £20.00 per hour (gross)
- DBS Check (added 03/11/2023)
- DBS Check (added 24/01/2023)
- Training Certificate: Certified RIE® Nurturing Nanny™ (added 24/06/2022)
- Training Certificate: OCN LEVEL 3 BREASTFEEDING ADVISOR (added 19/01/2022)
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination (added 14/01/2022)
- Training Certificate: Montessori Teaching diploma (Infant/Toddler) (added 14/10/2021)
- First Aid Certificate: Full Paediatric First Aid (added 13/10/2021)
- Training Certificate: Baby Massage Certification (added 15/07/2021)
- Exam Certificate: Gentle Sleep Training Level 3 (added 15/07/2021)
- Training Certificate: Child Nutrition and Healthy Eating Level 3 (added 15/07/2021)
- Training Certificate: Post-natal Maternity Nurse Care Level 3 (added 15/07/2021)
- EU Passport (added 09/10/2020)
- DBS Check (added 09/10/2020)
Below are the latest reviews for The Night Nurse. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Assya helped me the first weeks on my journey with a newborn and I was so much more at ease having her around. She brought a lot of professional advice on the breastfeeding journey as well as nights with a newborn. I was confident leaving my newborn with her and her guidance was really appreciated and helpful. I would recommend her to anyone who needs that extra confidence in this challenging new journey.
Assya was our baby's maternity nurse during his first 6 weeks of life. Her calm and knowledgeable approach brought a sense of peace and structure to our early parenting journey.
Her expertise in newborn care, breastfeeding, and establishing a healthy routine for our baby was incredibly helpful. She tailored her care to our unique needs and parenting style, which was reassuring.
Her well-organised approach allowed us to focus on our baby and my healing process. Assya is warm, gentle, and discreet. We highly recommend her and trust her wholeheartedly.
Assya has been looking after our 2 and a half years old son for the past 6 months, and I can not stress how glad we are. I hope you will find the below review useful.
- Assiya is well experienced and knowledgeable. Her methodology is backed with her years of trainings and studies, which become all obvious when you see her interacting with your child.
- She can always find myriads of ways to entertain and stimulate, even in difficult situation. Her communication with our son is top to none, and we always feel that there is a lot to learn from her. She also happily shares other tips and knowledge to help us raise, which have been very handy.
- She is professional, reliable and punctual, flexible with your demand, and most importantly fully dedicated whilst looking after our child, but still manages to sends us regular update (excellent multi-tasker)!
- It often feels like we work in partnership, and supportive to parents as well
- Lastly, she is sweet, gentle, soft spoken. Our son loves her, constantly asking for her, and so do we as his parents
She is the best nanny we have met, and I am sure you will feel the same
Assya was my family’s part-time Maternity Nanny in February and March of 2022, starting when my daughter was 3.5 months old and ending when she was 5.5 months old. We moved to Amsterdam at this time, but otherwise would have loved to continue working with Assya.
Assya worked two days a week for us and occasionally nights and weekends. She provided all care for our daughter while in our home, including feeding, playing/development activities, putting her down for naps/bedtime, changing nappies/bathing, and taking her outside for walks and to the park. Assya always made sure to follow our daughter’s schedule and was always on time and easy to communicate with. We immediately trusted her with our daughter in and out of our home.
We appreciated how proactive Assya was when it came to engaging our daughter. She would bring activities for her and would suggest books and toys that would be beneficial for her development. On the days that Assya worked for us, she would set up a play area for our daughter and spend much of the day engaging with her there. We were impressed with how attentive and thoughtful Assya was, and ourselves learned so much from her.
We absolutely loved having Assya as our daughter’s Maternity Nanny. She is incredibly professional, knowledgeable, calm, confident and kind, and most importantly, our daughter loved her. We often asked for Assya’s input on various aspects of our daughter’s development (such as sleep, weaning, teething, etc.), and Assya always had thoughtful suggestions for us, allowing us to feel empowered as first-time parents. Any family would be lucky to have Assya as their nanny.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.