My name is Marie, My setting is Marie’s learning centre. My passion is stimulating the artistic flair in children. I am a cheerful lady with diverse knowledge in the visual arts. I believe in allowing children to express their creativity with skillful guidance . My priority is basing my activities around the EYFS Learning and Development areas. We are interested in understanding the world by visiting farms, forest schooling, playground parks and the use of our own garden. We paint outdoors and indoors.
We have our own separate studio of painting, playing and learning.
I praise children to others when they have behaved as expected.
My expectations are realistic and flexible adjusted to the age, level of understanding, maturity and stage of development of the child.
We build self esteem, confidence, self-discipline and respect.
We are in a warm spacious and happy environment in the boarders of Crofton and locksbottom and ideally a walking distance to Orpington train station.
My background was graphic design and fine art. I decided to have a change of career and took childminding. My carriculum is extended to drawing skills tutorials and EYFS activities that will help your child reach their potential in all areas of development. Our home is warm and spacious. ideally 7-10 minutes walk to Orpington train station. We are located in Darrick Wood Road , near lots of great pre-schools and primary schools.
I am a qualified Graduate , University of the Creative Arts.
BA Honours in Graphic Design and Visual Communications.
Ofsted inspected 2020
Ofsted Registered on the 2nd of August 2020.
Homebased Childminding at Home course
Paediatric first aid trained
Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety for Catering
Nutrition and Health
Preventing Radicalisation & Extremism
Safeguarding for Children
My teen children and husband are DBS checked and approved.
Tuesday - Friday
|Last Updated: 06/10/2021|
- Childminding from £6.50 per hour
I am happy to discuss childcare vouchers and government funding with you.
All fees are invoiced before the due date and payment is made one month in advance.
Opening hours:7:30am- 6:30pm
My Local Schools
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Darrick Wood Infant School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Crofton Junior School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Crofton Infant School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Holy Innocents Catholic Primary School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Tubbenden Primary School
- Training Certificate: Prevent FGM (added 17/08/2020)
- Training Certificate: Preventing radicalisation & Extremism (added 17/08/2020)
- Training Certificate: Risk Assessment (added 17/08/2020)
- Training Certificate: Food hygiene & Catering (added 17/08/2020)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 17/08/2020)
- Utility Bill: Proof of Address (added 06/08/2020)
- DBS Check (added 22/07/2020)
- UK Driving Licence (added 22/07/2020)
- Training Certificate: Childminding course (added 22/07/2020)
- Marriage Certificate (added 22/07/2020)
- UK Passport (added 22/07/2020)
- First Aid Certificate: First Aid certificate (added 22/07/2020)
Below are the latest reviews for Marie. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Marie is great with children and brings out their creativity. My children 9 and 12 love attending her classes, and Marie is extremely vested in the children's growth and development. She gives lots of encouragement and praise which has boosted their confidence in developing their interest in art.
I have used Marie to engage my kids into art. My 12 year old has improved her technique a lot and has come to appreciate different artists. She now loves to doodle different things as well. My other kids, 8 and 7, are now much more keen when it comes to painting and creating treasures out of everyday rubbish. We have had full face mask, castles, rockets only to name just a few. Marie is very caring and invests into a child as a whole.
Response by Marie on 22/07/2020:
Wow , thank you so much for your kind appreciation.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.