My name is Ryan Simms, I’m currently studying an Early Years Educator (EYE) course and I also hold a paediatric first aid certificate. I originally had thought about having a career in computing, hence the IT courses I took at college and university, but I'm now interesting in teaching or childcare.
I am planning on becoming an early years teacher through an EYITT (Early Years Initial Teacher Training) course.
• Nursery Practitioner - Kids Planet Davenport. I also babysit for a few families in Stockport and Greater Manchester.
I also recently received a Certificate of Excellence from Childcare.co.uk for having an average rating of 5 stars from parents.
PREVIOUS CHILDCARE EXPERIENCE:
• Supply Practitioner - Cheadle Royal Day Nursery. I often worked part time while at university and full time while I had time off. I helped to provide care for children from birth up to age 5.
• I have babysat for many different families within the Stockport / Greater Manchester area. Again, I have looked after children from as young as 2 months all the way up to 13 years of age. I have had excellent feedback from all parents and even had some leave feedback on this website - all rated 5 star.
• Camp America - in the summer of 2017 and 2018 I worked on a summer camp in Washington DC teaching children, ages 7 - 15, on programming, circuitry and other various aspects of IT. I had great feedback from parents, and the family I stayed with enjoyed having me. I often looked after their two children.
I have a clean DBS check. Below, you can also see my full driving licence, which is clean. I also have my CV, qualifications and various other documents. You can request to see them if you want and I will also be happy to bring them with me to a face-to-face interview.
I adore working with children, seeing them learn, grow and develop it makes me so happy! I am a fun and loving person that many children enjoy being around. In this day and age, more and more males are working in childcare which I love and I want to show people that men and women are equal.
Although I’m not fluent in other languages, I have a GCSE in German and Spanish and have been studying French if you want your children to learn a second language. I also enjoy learning new languages and have some knowledge in various other languages.
There are multiple ways in which you can contact me:
• Message me on here (I am featured so it's free!)
• Text or phone me via my mobile (I don't answer random numbers so please let me know first)
• Email me
• Visit my website and message me
Thanks for visiting my profile!
As mentioned before in my profile, but in brief:
• Supply practitioner / nursery practitioner
• Babysitting of various ages
• Teaching on a summer camp
Over 2.5 years of experience
• Paediatric First Aid (Valid Until November 2020)
• CACHE Level 3 Early Years Educator
• Multiple Online Training Courses in Safeguarding, Health & Safety etc.
Mainly available on weekends but midweek can be arranged.
|Last Updated: 18/05/2020|
- Babysitting from £9.00 per hour
- Nursery work from £9.00 per hour
£9.00 an hour for arranged hours
£12.00 an hour on holidays such as Christmas, New Years etc.
£14.00 an hour for overtime
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- Full CV (added 27/10/2018)
- Exam Certificate: Level 3 Qualification - Childcare & Education (added 27/10/2018)
- First Aid Certificate: Paediatric First Aid (added 14/04/2018)
- DBS Check (added 22/01/2018)
- UK Passport (added 25/08/2017)
- UK Driving Licence (added 25/08/2017)
Below are the latest reviews for Ryan. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
My fiancée and I went out for a meal, he was on time and friendly. He made sure both babies were okay and did a great job of watching over them whilst we were out. Definitely will be using his services again, no complaints :)
Response by Ryan on 20/01/2019:
Thank you very much, it was a pleasure!
Good man. Had an emergency babysitting situation. Got it sorted with Ryan quickly. Reliable guy. Came home to 3 happy and tired out kids. Thank you. Would use again.
Ryan looked after our 4 and 2 year old last night and not only did he get them both to bed in record time, but they both really liked him; my daughter warming to him surprisingly quickly for her.
We will definitely be booking him again.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.