Hello there, my name is Kim, I am an Ofsted registered childminder with many years' experience caring for and working with children. I live with my partner Jamie and our four daughters. My eldest daughter will be working alongside me; Kysi is registered with Ofsted as my assistant and has completed the relevant checks and required training.
Our home-based provision is located at Ring Road, Middleton, Leeds, LS10. We provide a welcoming, friendly, modern and spacious environment; it is bright, inviting, clean, smoke free and centered around babies and children. Our large, safe and enclosed outdoor area is full of play equipment and toys; it is accessible to the children at all times of the year and in all weathers. We have two mini lop pet bunnies, an orange one named Pumpkin and a white one named Alice; they share a hutch outdoors.
My hobbies and interests include: gardening and growing vegetables, playing guitar, painting and decorating, arts and crafts, genealogy, hiking, visiting places of interest and spending quality time with my children and family.
As well as the childcare experience I have gained caring for my own children, in 2014 I started working in a primary school until completing my registration with Ofsted as a childminder in October 2017. Within the school I worked in nursery, reception class and the school's specialist provision for children with complex communication needs including autism, therefore, I have gained the experience of delivering the EYFS statutory framework and working with SEN.
Previously I worked as a health and social care support worker spanning twenty years. As a support worker I provided care and support for adults and children of varying ages and abilities in care homes, their own homes and resource centres.
I genuinely love spending time with children; I feel passionate about providing childcare that enables them to extend their knowledge, move forward and achieve their full potential.
As well as completing various work based training courses over the years e.g. Infection Control, Intensive Interaction and Team Teach, I have also gained qualifications and completed training courses as follows:
- Level 3 Child Psychology Diploma
- Supporting Children with Speech, Language & Communication Needs
- Delivering the EYFS
- Food Safety & Hygiene for Catering Level 2
- Safeguarding Children
- Paediatric First Aid Level 3
- Emergency First Aid Level 2
- Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning in Schools Level 3 Diploma
- Early Years Tier 2: Developing Good Autism Practice
- Early Years Tier 1: Making Sense of Autism: Raising Awareness
- CACHE Level 3 Certificate (ICP)
- Health & Social Care NVQ - Level 2
Certificates available to view on request.
Full-time, part-time, term-time, flexible and ad hoc. Before and after school care also available, including drop offs and collections.
|Last Updated: 27/11/2018|
- Childminding from £4.00 per hour
The hourly rate includes:
- Baby wipes
We DO NOT charge:
- Childminder's annual holiday
- Bank holidays
- Extra for unsociable hours i.e. before 8am and after 6pm
- School holiday retainer fees on term-time only contracts
Key Stages Childcare are accredited to provide Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE) for children aged 2, 3 and 4 years.
My Local Schools
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Sharp Lane Primary School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Middleton St Mary's Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- Training Certificate: Supporting Children with Speech, Language & Communication Needs (added 27/11/2018)
- Training Certificate: Delivering the EYFS (added 27/11/2018)
- Training Certificate: Level 3 Child Psychology Diploma (added 27/11/2018)
- Training Certificate: Safeguarding Children (added 20/11/2017)
- Training Certificate: Level 2 - Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering Level 2 (added 20/11/2017)
- Training Certificate: Level 2: Developing Good Autism Practice (added 05/11/2017)
- Training Certificate: Level 1: Making Sense of Autism (added 05/11/2017)
- Training Certificate: CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Childminding Practice (added 05/11/2017)
- UK Passport (added 05/11/2017)
- Training Certificate: Level 2 Health and Social Care (added 05/11/2017)
- Training Certificate: NCFE Level 3 Diploma In Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools (added 05/11/2017)
- First Aid Certificate: Level 2 Award Emergency First Aid at Work (added 05/11/2017)
- First Aid Certificate: Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (added 05/11/2017)
- DBS Check (added 05/11/2017)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 05/11/2017)
- UK Driving Licence (added 05/11/2017)
Below are the latest reviews for Key Stages Childcare. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
I am the most neurotic new mum going and my little one took a little while to settle and I wasn’t sure if I did the right thing swopping from a nursery to a childminder but Kim and Kysi were very patient and reassured me every week that he would settle. Sure enough he has and it’s the best thing I have done. They do so many activities with the children and my little one loves going.
Their home is fantastic and clean. The meals are varied and home made. I highly reccommend key stages, if you want your child to be somewhere they will be safe and happy, make new friends, eat great food and do educational fun activities then this is the childminder for you.
My little boy has been going for a few months now. He was so clingy and upset to start with and I was considering leaving work, however they have been brilliant and helped him through and he's so happy there now. Can't recomend enough, really has made it so much easier for me to return to work knowing he's happy! Thank you so much x
I brought my son to Kim and kysi from a recommendation I was really nervous as my son has already been to a nursery & another childminder and he’s only 16months old, I was worried he wouldn’t settle with been moved about. However I couldn’t of been more wrong kim’s Home offers a warm, Friendly atmosphere and it’s so child/ baby proof it’s great! My son very rarely cries when I drop him off now he has settled here better than anywhere else ...he will go straight to Kim & kysi and he’s ready to get on with the day they go to the play gym once and week and to the park when the weather is decent, she has a great playroom and is very experienced and professional she updates me with pictures which I love because It’s reassures me he’s having a great time. She cooks fresh food for the kids which william loves! I’m so glad I choose key stages childcare it was the best option for William. I can’t think of a better childminder! Thank you Kim and kysi x
Kim is a outstanding childminder. We came to her on short notice with specific childcare requirements. She is very flexible and accommodating, she was able to drop off our son at nursery 3 days a week (which is what we required). She is very professional, friendly, polite and a very caring person. Our youngest son (aged 4) enjoyed his time there and always had so much to tell me and his dad when we picked him up & he was always so excited to go.
Her home is quiet impressive, its very clean, tidy and comfortable. Her home also has all the health and safety requirements which always left us with a great deal of comfort that he would be very safe.
She does her best to suit your needs, and is very approachable. I would highly recommend Key Stages Childcare to anyone in need of either long or short term childcare.
5 Star does not do her justice if i could award high i certainly would.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.