I am a professional Maternity Nurse although I have extensive experience with ages up to 14 years old. I am compassionate, diligent and absolutely adore my job. I am passionate about the development of infants and children and always ensure that each child in my care reaches their potential. I have a particular interest in language development and use the best evidence from research around the globe. I have a loving, caring approach and I value and respect the wishes of parents in how they wish their children to be raised. I have experience working in hospitals, communities and private homes and I love working one on one with families to achieve their goals.
• Supporting parents during pregnancy, labour and birth
• Cup feeding, nasogastric tube insertion and feeding, bottle feeding
• Trouble shooting breastfeeding
• Supporting twins to breastfeed
• Caring for premature/low birth weight babies
• General care: bathing, nappy changing, dressing, cleaning, laundry etc
• Identifying and treating common ailments: nappy rash, thrush, dry skin, mild jaundice, fever etc
• Identifying, treating and relevant referrals for rarer conditions: moderate/severe jaundice, sepsis, choking etc
• Establishing a routine
• Sleep training
• Potty training
• Fitting car seats
• Trips to the park, museums, swimming, doctors appointments, play dates, classes etc
• Planning, organising logistics and packing for holidays
• Short and long haul flights
• Caring for multiple children simultaneously
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team both in a hospital and in homes
• Working effectively in high intensity and emergency situations (for example haemorrhage, choking)
• Quickly gaining connection and trust
Maternity Practitioner Award Level 4 with MNT Training Ltd
Care of Multiples Level 3 with MNT Training Ltd
Paediatric First Aid with St Johns Ambulance 26th January 2018
Managing Behaviour with Devon County Council
Understanding Children's Physical Development 0-3 years with Devon County Council
Facilitating Children's Physical Development 0-3 years with Devon City Council
Safeguarding Children and Young People with Devon Safeguarding Board
I am available from the 19th September onward.
|Last Updated: 13/09/2020|
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
- Maternity Nursing from £18.00 per hour (gross)
£10 per hour
£18 per hour for singles
£22 per hour for multiples
Please be contact me for 24 hour rates.
Plus travel expenses
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- Full CV (added 05/09/2020)
- UK Passport (added 29/08/2020)
- Reference: Maternity Nursing Reference (added 30/06/2018)
- Training Certificate: Understanding Children's Physical Development (added 30/06/2018)
- Exam Certificate: Maternity Practitioner Award (added 30/06/2018)
- Training Certificate: Managing Behaviour (added 30/06/2018)
- Exam Certificate: GCSE3 (added 30/06/2018)
- Exam Certificate: GCSE2 (added 30/06/2018)
- Exam Certificate: GCSE1 (added 30/06/2018)
- Exam Certificate: GCEs (added 30/06/2018)
- Exam Certificate: Facilitating Children's Physical Development (added 30/06/2018)
- Exam Certificate: Care of Multiples (added 30/06/2018)
- Exam Certificate: Child Safeguarding (added 30/06/2018)
- DBS Check (added 30/06/2018)
Below are the latest reviews for Nanny S. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
I trusted Sophie with Isabella for 2 hours when I left for work in the morning and she cared for her so well. Sophie reported to me everything her and isabella did and took pictures for me. My first impression of Sophie was her empathy, she made me feel at ease and worry less about leaving my baby behind. I would for sure use her services again.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.