I am a highly experienced, qualified and fully insured Maternity Nurse / Night Nurse from Hampshire with over 35 years experience in the childcare industry.
My passion is working with newborns.
I am a hardworking, caring and an efficient practitioner who is enthusiastic, as well as someone who uses initiative and has the ability to adapt to their surroundings.
I have found that it is important to develop strong bonds with the parents to assist the family as a whole, communicating effectively and providing daily routine diaries.
My main roles are to teach and guide new parents how to look after their baby on a daily basis giving breast feeding support if required, setting workable routines that suit the family, sterilising and bottle preparation if necessary, bathing, nappy changing, winding and settling after feeds day and night.
Sole charge of night feeds if bottle or expressed feeding.
I also provide the client with details of what to expect going forward with the development of their baby ( babies).
I am available for FaceTime consultations.
All bookings are under contract with a deposit taken upon confirming required dates.
Ad hoc and emergency bookings are also available depending on my diary.
I have excellent references and full CV with career history available to share.
I look forward to hearing from you
All counties covered.
As a Maternity Nurse / Night Nanny, I hold a MNT Level 4 certificate
I originally trained as a nanny (NAMCW)
I have over 35 years experience in the childcare industry.
I had my first Maternity position in 1988 and worked solidly until 1994. I then worked as a part time nanny to 6 month old twins from 1994 - 2000 whilst I had my own children and returned to a previous client as a maternity nurse for her 2nd baby 1995.
I had been Childminding, Ofsted registered since Dec 1994 until April 2013 for babies from 2 months to 2 years old, plus continuing to consult on breastfeeding issues and sleep behaviour whilst my children were young.
2013 - present I work solely as a Night Nurse/ Maternity Nurse.
Many of my previous clients were UHNWI (Ultra High Net Worth Individuals).
I have many excellent references available on request and uploaded in my documents.
I have currently been a Maternity Nurse / Night Nurse to over 140 babies.
Multiple sets of twins.
Multiple premature babies
Reflux/ Silent Reflux
MNT Level 4
Paediatric First Aid
Safehands Child Protection
various dates throughout the year. Please call for an update on my availability.
|Last Updated: 14/11/2023|
- Maternity Nursing from £25.00 per hour (gross)
Fees vary depending on whether the booking is for singletons or multiples or trouble shooting
Please call or message to enquire.
- Full CV (added 13/09/2023)
- Reference: Night Nurse Bennett Jun/Jul (added 05/09/2023)
- Reference: Maternity Nurse Baring/Coombe Mar 23 (added 04/09/2023)
- Full CV (added 04/09/2023)
- Reference: Maternity Nurse Maspero Oct 22 (added 13/10/2022)
- Reference: Maternity Nurse Chandler Aug 22 (added 27/09/2022)
- Reference: Night Nurse Davies Apr 22 (added 26/08/2022)
- Reference: Night Nurse T Mar 22 (added 20/04/2022)
- First Aid Certificate: First Aid February 22 (added 11/03/2022)
- Reference: Night Nurse Travessolo Higham Dec 21 (added 09/02/2022)
- Reference: Maternity Reference Cassavetti Dec 21 (added 05/02/2022)
- Reference: Night Nurse Eagles Nov 21 (added 29/11/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Pople Nov 21 (added 27/11/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Howson Oct 21 (added 05/11/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Howson Oct 21 (added 05/11/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Hepburn Jun 21 (added 12/08/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Lamb Jul 21 (added 27/07/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Crosthwaite Eyre Jul 21 (added 26/07/2021)
- Reference: Maternity Reference Quazzo-Zinser Mar 15 (added 29/06/2021)
- Reference: Maternity Reference Privett Jul 18 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Cousins Oct 19 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Maternity Reference Winser May 17 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Crawford May 21 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Hackett Apr 21 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Maternity and Night Nurse Toogood Mar 18 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Giles Jun19 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Randall Oct 19 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Maternity Reference Lady Hay Nov 18 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Maternity Reference Wilkes Sept 18 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Spice Jul 19 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Bastian Mar 20 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Night Nurse Prof Wakefield Aug 19 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Maternity Nurse Hazlerigg Jun 18 (added 28/06/2021)
- Reference: Maternity Reference Leach (added 22/06/2020)
- DBS Check (added 03/05/2019)
- DBS Check (added 28/03/2018)
- Training Certificate: MNT Level 4 (added 28/03/2018)
Below are the latest reviews for Dawn. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
My husband and I found Dawn when our little girl was only 3/4 weeks. We are new recruits into parenthood and lets just say we found the early days harder than expected!
From the moment Dawn arrived we instantly felt more at ease, not only did she introduce a nighttime routine that improved our sleep from day 1 but also her wealth of knowledge and experience in all things baby allowed us to start enjoying the experience of parenthood.
There is far too many 'wins' for me to list them all; I have listed below the reasons why we will be calling on Dawns support if we ever have a little brother or sister:
- Instant bed time sleep improvements. I always remember Dawn saying your baby can sleep for 12 hours through the night from 4/5 months ... I can now confirm we have a baby that sleeps for 12 hours at least 5 nights a week (the other 2 nights she may wake up at 4/5am and settle herself back down)
- Introduction of day time sleeping patterns that compliment night time sleeping.
- Bottle preparation
- Key milestones to look out for/be comfortable with during your babies early days
- General advice / company when you are having down days (feeding, clothing, environment etc).
If I'm honest, we would not be where we are today without the help of Dawn.
Response by Dawn on 08/01/2023:
Thanks you so much for the lovely review.
I have loved watching you become confident, relaxed and enjoying parenthood. Xx
Dawn spent two months helping us with our second baby who was born a week early.
She was very helpful with some breasfeeding issues we had initially and helped us get into a day and night time routine. She had answers for all of our questions and was full of practical solutions.
We will certainly be looking to hire her again in a few months when our baby goes through the inevitable sleep regression stages.
She always arrived on time and was a delight to have around and made us feel at ease.
Cannot recommend her enough.
Response by Dawn on 25/11/2022:
Thank you so much for the great review and for being such a lovely family. 😊
My baby girl arrived two weeks early after a very difficult pregnancy. From one day old, Dawn cared for baby during the nights for 4 months.
Dawn was excellent in all aspects of her role as a maternity nurse, helping me with feeding and putting in place a routine that worked for my family (I also have a 3yr old).
Dawn was first to suspect that my daughter had a cows milk protein allergy (doing so before the midwives and even the GP!), which I am sure is due to her experience caring for newborn babies, as well as her natural intuition.
Dawn always arrived punctually and was willing to answer questions and give advice over the phone, even when she was not “at work”. This made me feel supported and confident in my new role as mother of two.
I would be pleased to recommend Dawn to any expectant Mother, or for those who are needing extra support with their baby.
I wish Dawn all the best in her future jobs. She will be very much missed.
Response by Dawn on 26/08/2022:
My pleasure, absolutely loved being you all x
I am happy to recommend Dawn as night nanny. Dawn came to help me after moving to the UK and having my second child in this country. I was overwhelmed trying to take care of the baby and the toddler without any help in a completely different country and once Dawn came in, she helped me establish a day and night routine to my little one that improved the whole dynamic of the house. She was extremely helpful and also allowed me to sleep a few nights during the week to get some rest. If I decide to have my third child, will definitely ask her again to help me in the first months. She is also a very nice person to talk to and gave me several tips while I was trying to establish myself in the UK.
Response by Dawn on 09/02/2022:
It has been my pleasure.
Many thanks for your kind words.
Dawn joined us at short notice to help with our 5 week old son who was suffering from reflux and cmpa. She was very knowledgeable and gave us lots of great advice with many things to help us establish a better routine both during the daytime and at night. Dawn worked overnight for us, 6 days a week for approximately 4 weeks and was thoroughly missed when she had to go to her next assignment. We would hire her again in a heartbeat if the need arises.
Sam & Mark
Response by Dawn on 27/09/2021:
Thank you for your kind words.
It was my pleasure helping you. x
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.