Nanny in London
Babysitter in London
Female Member since Sep 2009 Last Updated Feb 2022 Last Login Mar 2022
*** Currently looking for weekend positions or evening babysitting***
Dear parents ,
My name is Roxana and I am a polite , articulate and responsible nanny with over 14 years of experience in nurturing the children of professional families .
I always loved taking care of children and ever since I was little I wanted to be a teacher . I have the ability to relate to children straight away and I enjoy their company and innocent demeanour .
I am kind , patient and love cuddling and sitting down at the child's level . I enjoy taking the children out for walks in the park , museums, to playgroups and meeting other children with their carers for play dates but when the weather does not allow that I enjoy arts&crafts , painting , nursery rhymes and reading .
I am confident , mature ,energetic and take pride in the professional way that I assist the families that I work with by being honest and respectful . I am firm but fair and I am also very keen that the children grow up to be respectful , stay safe , eat well and have good manners .
I have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the activities , childcare venues and infrastructure of London .
I am a qualified passionate career nanny who values communication , honesty and respect from her nanny family .
My areas of expertise include : all nursery duties , meal preparation , weaning , potty/toilet training , sleep training , homework and reading ,age related activities planning ,babysitting , bathing and bedtime .
- I am looking for weekend nanny positions and evening babysitting.
I have a total of 14 years experience as a nanny in U.K.
*March 2021 - currently I am a full time , sole charge daily nanny to a 2 year old girl in West London *
*Between August 2020 and February 2021 - I did some temporary and ad hoc positions caring for some of my previous families and new family *
* Between December 2018 and a July 2020 I was a sole charge daily nanny for a girl who was 1 year old at the start of the position. We had her baby brother join us in January 2020 and the position come to an end as mum has decided not to go back to work .
*Between September 2017 and November 2018 I was a sole charge daily nanny and at the start of this role the little girl was 2 years old and shortly after her baby brother was born . It has been lovely spending the year watching them learn new things everyday , going from potty training the little girl to weaning the baby boy who was 10 months when the family decided to relocate outside London to the countryside . We still meet regularly and I have since been doing some proxy parenting and weekend nannying too.
* Between January 2013 and September 2017 ( and for a month in July 2020) I was a sole charge full time daily nanny , taking care of a little girl who was 11 months at the beginning and her newborn baby brother who was born 15 months after .
It has been wonderful watching and helping them both grow and develop into young confident children and I am very proud of all their achievements .
The position came to an end as the family's childcare needs have changed and they didn’t require a full time nanny anymore . They are now part of my family and we stay in touch on a regular basis .
* Between April 2010 and December 2012 I was a full time sole charge nanny for 2 boys who were 18 months and almost 4 years at the beginning of the position .
Whilst working with this family I discovered my interest for speech therapy as I was doing daily exercises and activities to help the older boy with his stammering issue.
I am still in touch with the family who often visit London from US where they relocated and I also went to visit them for Christmas and New Year in 2016 .
*Between September 2008 and August 2009 I was a live in nanny having sole charge for 3 days and shared care with mum for 1 day a week . At the beginning of the position the baby girl was 8 months and the boy was 18 months .
I am still in touch with the family and when mum gave birth to her third child via C-section I went to help her for a few days . The position came to an end as I relocated from Bournemouth to London .
* Between November 2006 and August 2008 I was a live in nanny-housekeeper . At the beginning of the role the girl was 18 months and the boys were 5 and 7 years old .
The position started by being an Au pair plus but quickly turned into a live in nanny housekeeper position .
Mum was travelling very often and by the end of the position she decided to stay at home with the children .
Unfortunately I have lost contact with the family as they have relocated .
* Between 2003 and 2006 I volunteered in my hometown in Romania at an orphanage working with children with special needs .
* I've also babysat for lots of families , some whom I've met via different agencies and some to whom I've been recommended by my nanny employers .
* I was also helped care for my baby brother who was born when I was 6 years and a half .
*The Great British Nanny Conference (CPD certified)
*CACHE Level 3 Children's and young people's workforce Diploma
*Paediatric Early years First Aid
*Anaphylaxis training certificate
*Introduction to Childcare Practice in a Home Based Setting
I am available on weekends for babysitting
|Last Updated: 22/02/2022|
- Nannying from £18.00 per hour (gross)
- Babysitting from £18.00 per hour
To be discussed at interview stage
- Ofsted Certificate (added 10/05/2020)
- Training Certificate: Cache Level 3 diploma (added 10/05/2020)
- First Aid Certificate: first aid (added 10/05/2020)
- DBS Check (added 10/05/2020)
Below are the latest reviews for Roxana. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Roxana is a very loving and caring nanny. She is a real professional who supported my family through the big life changes of returning to work from my first maternity leave and welcoming our second baby a year later. Her many accomplishments include successfully weaning and potty training our toddler and helping with sleep training. We will miss her very much!
Roxana has been a reliable, calm and reassuring nanny - confidently taking care of our 2 children full time whilst we are at work. She has managed to strike up an impressive bond with them both which is so lovely to see as parents. They both adore her and it is her consistent approach that has ensured that they are well behaved and secure, enjoying exploring all that is on offer locally. Roxana has successfully helped us navigate many developmental milestones for both, including new nursery, new sibling arrival, potty training and behavioural concerns as well as weaning and sleep training. We will be sure to stay in touch with her after we move and I have no hesitation in recommending her.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.