*I am offering a free 1 hour session at mine or your house so you can attend for a smear test*
(Just a quick note as to why it says I haven't uploaded my DBS. This is because when I first registered as a childminder back in 2001, we had to have a CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check. This doesn't need renewing like a DBS does. If anything untoward came up, then my OFSTED registration would be revoked immediately. I have spoken to OFSTED about this and they are more than happy for prospective families to contact them.
My family all have current DBS checks.
I am an Ofsted Registered Childminder also registered for Home Care from your own home. I have been registered and working as a childminder since 2001, although I have just had a 3 year break whilst we moved to Poole on my husbands promotion.
We have now moved back to restart my business so I can be closer to my disabled mum and help with childcare for my grandson.
I have 3 children aged 33, 23 and 20 and a 10 year old grandson. All of my (eligible) family have been DBS checked.
I work with 2 assistants, my mum and my daughter.
I have 3 dogs, (2 Cocker Spaniel’s (7 year old female and her puppy who is 16 weeks old), a Chihuahua (5 year old castrated male) and a cat (12 years old male, castrated).
I am a Kennel Club breeder for Cocker Spaniels. I only breed once a year, generally in the Summer.
Previously, as a childminding setting (I had assistants), we tended to be quite spontaneous and would often grab our lunch boxes and head off somewhere (weather and school times permitting) for a picnic.
I am a member of Forest Schooling and will try to be outside as much as possible.
As a childminder I have a large dedicated playroom with lots of free play space. We regularly had story time, I’m a huge lover of books.
We played with jigsaw puzzles, arts and crafts, painting, cooking, dressing up, imaginative play, simple sewing and threading, PS4, Wii, dancing to music, construction toys and more………..
Older children were also encouraged to engage in our arts & crafts, once homework was completed.
Thursdays were our ‘non-tech’ day, brilliant for re-engaging with the world around us.
We also went on regular outings – toddler groups, trips to the park, soft play, lunch out, walks in the woods, local library etc
Special outings also went on from time to time such as ‘Visits to see Santa’, Chessington World of Adventures, Legoland, Paultons Park, Warwick Castle, Moors Valley Country Park, Monkey World, Finkley Down Farm Park, Farmer Giles Farmstead, Coral Cove and similar (weather permitting). These tended to be only be during holidays though due to time restraints.
I hope this gives you a small insight into the sort of activities we enjoy at Happy Hands Childminding.
I have 21 years experience and references available for you to see. I have my NVQ3 in Child Care Learning & Development.
As a childminder I regularly attended out of hours training (training folder is available to view), I am happy to undertake more training that may be relevant to the child/ren I care for.
I am registered for overnight care.
I am registered with OFSTED and insured with Childcare.co.uk.
On my latest OFSTED inspection, I recieved a 'Good' grading across the board.
OFSTED Registration for Childminding and Home Childcarer.
Registration date : 19th June 2001
Early Years (Paediatric) First Aid
Emergency First Aid at Work
Level 2 Health & Safety in the Workplace taken with ‘Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
Public Liability Insurance
Employers Liability Insurance
Early Phonics Workshop
Early Literacy and Mathematical Development
Characteristics of Effective Learning, Childminder Workshop
Completed the introduction course in home-based childcare
Baby's Days training day
CRB (now called DBS) checked
NVQ3 in CCLD (Children’s Care, Learning and Development)
Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect
Channel General Awareness
Disability and Inclusion
FGM - Recognising and Preventing FGM
Protecting Children from Child Sexual Explotation
Welfare Requirements and Effective Practice Workshop
Learning Journey's Workshop
2 day ADVANCED Safeguarding Course
Continuing short courses to keep my training up to date (generally in my own time).
Monday to Friday
|Last Updated: 29/05/2022|
- Childminding from £5.00 per hour
My Local Schools
My Ofsted Inspections
The inspection grades below have been obtained from the Ofsted website based upon the registration number the childminder has provided to us. You should verify this information yourself prior to using the childminder.
- First Aid Certificate: First Aid Certificate - CJ (added 06/10/2021)
- Training Certificate: NVQ3 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development (added 21/05/2021)
- Marriage Certificate (added 21/05/2021)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Safeguarding - Channel General Awareness (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Early Phonics Workshop (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Child Protection Training for Childminders (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Food Hygiene (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Risk Assessment (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Moving & Handling (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Infection Control (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Working with Behaviours That Challenge (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: GDPR (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Health & Safety (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Recording Information (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Learning Disabilities (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Mental Health (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Safe Administration of Medicines (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Assessing Needs (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Communicating Effectively (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Basic Life Support (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Keeping Well at Work (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Health & Safety Training with Risk Assessment for Practice Managers (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Safeguarding Adults - Level 2 (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Safeguarding Children - Level 2 (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Data Security Awareness (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Conflict Resolution (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Fire Safety (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Equality & Diversity & Human Rights (added 17/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Safeguarding- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect (added 17/05/2021)
Below are the latest reviews for Claire J. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Claire has looked after our child for nearly 6 years since she was 9 months old, I can say that Claire has been part of our family. Claire has used her experience and helped work with us through potty training, manners and disapline. Claire has always brought fun by taking kids out on trips, either local wood walks, picnics in parks to big Park trips and local groups for socialising. We are proud to say our little one has had a good start in life, thank you Claire xx
My Daughter has been with Claire since she was 7months old and she loves going. Claire was really flexible on settling periods and very flexible with timings. I’m in the military and husband works from London, so when we needed earlier drop offs and later pick ups there was never any hesitation from Claire, which helped us out a lot. I would recommend Claire to anyone looking for child care.
My daughter joined Claire in her setting in Ludgershall from the age of 8 Months to 2 1/2 years, only reason she stopped was due to both myself and Claire re-locating
Claire was fantastic with Jamie in every aspect, she supported me in any decisions I made as a parent but also offered invaluable advise when I need that to. Jamie loved spending time with Claire and misses her so much now.
I would highly recommend Claire as a Childminder or Nanny and would be so happy if we ever ended up in the same location again one day so I could have Jamie spending time with her again.
My children loved being looked after by Claire (have left as Claire relocating). She also helped my little boy with his speech and provided lots of creative fun for the children every day they were at her setting. She's open, honest and I wouldn't hesitate for my children to be looked after by Claire again.
There was always a wide selection of toys and activities for my children to take part in, reading corners and outdoor play.
Although we havent been with you long before your news of having to relocate.
I have to say a huge thank you to you as Calleigh loves going to you and enjoys her time with you and the other children.
You have been very understanding about the situation i found myself in and helped me with the whole joining paperwork etc.
It really put me at ease as finding childcare is very stressful these days.
Many thanks for every thing and we both wish you all the best with Nannying.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.