Deglys's 5 Star Reviews
Childminder
Parents say
Parents consistently praise this childminder's warm, loving care, home-cooked meals and structured learning activities. Children thrived developmentally, gaining confidence, vocabulary and independence. Excellent communication, flexibility and genuine kindness were highlighted repeatedly, with families describing a trusted, home-from-home environment they were sad to leave. Highly recommended by all.
Summary generated by AI from the text of recent member reviews
Showing only 5 star reviews
Below are the 5 star reviews for Deglys. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk members and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Our son attended Faicka and Deglys’ setting from 1.5 to 3 years old, and these 18 months have been extraordinary.
Outstanding care & communication: They provided attentive, reliable care. Whenever our son had a fever, they looked after him with great compassion and notified us right away so we could act quickly.
Healthy habits & growth: We previously struggled with a picky eater at home, but their setting was a turning point—he started eating well and thriving.
Learning & social development: The mixed-age group helped him learn from older peers and engage with younger ones. His vocabulary, numbers, and alphabet knowledge developed rapidly.
A welcoming environment: He loved the company of their pets, especially Cookie the dog, who always warmly saw us off at drop-offs and pick-ups.
We will miss them immensely and fully intend to bring him back during school holidays. Highly recommended!
by
Sanchari
on 27/09/2026
Deglys looked after my daughter for her first 4 years and honestly couldn’t be more grateful to her. She is such a seeet, caring , profesional and professional person. As a Latina , she gave my daughter something very special by sharing our culture and values. She brought so much happiness and joy into my daughters life and of course I have to mention her amazing cooking too! :)
Deglys became a very special part of our family and we will always remember her with so much love.
Thank you for everything. My little girl will always remember you ❤️
by
DianaBJ3
on 25/09/2026
Choosing a childminder for our 10 month old was a decision we didn't take lightly, and we searched hard before we found Deglys. We knew straight away this was the place for us. She is so lovely and accommodating, and genuinely goes above and beyond. She treats our son like family, and it shows in everything she does, with a great mix of fun and learning activities. She brings so much fun and warmth to his days, and cooks him lovely, nutritious home-made meals. If you're anxious about leaving your little one in someone else's care, spending five minutes with Deglys will put your mind completely at rest - we couldn't recommend her more highly.
by
Matt
on 20/09/2026
Response by
Deglys
on 20/09/2026:
Thank you so much for your beautiful words. ❤️ It genuinely means so much to me that you trust me with your little one. He is such a joy to have, and I feel very lucky to be part of his little journey. Knowing that you feel happy and reassured in my care means the world to me. Thank you for choosing me and for your lovely support. ❤️ xx
Deglys provided a place for my youngest from 2.5years to starting school. I was returning to work after 5 years off, so I was very anxious to find the right place. In my first meeting with her I spent 1.5 hours with her chatting, and through her warmth, humour and stories I knew she would be the Tia for my Son. He LOVED her food, which was home made every day. He picked up some Spanish, which always made me smile, and he loved the friends he made there. Deglys was reliable and flexible and I couldn’t have returned to work without her. My youngest is now thriving at school, he’s had the best preparation for his next chapter, and my family will never forget her. Muchas gracias Deglys. Besos.
by
Sarah T
on 19/09/2026
Response by
Deglys
on 19/09/2026:
Thank you so much for your beautiful words Sara ❤️ It was such a pleasure to care for your little one and watch him grow. I’m so happy to hear he is thriving at school and enjoying his next chapter. I’ll always remember him and your lovely family. Muchas gracias for trusting me! Besos ❤️
We had a truly wonderful experience with Deglys—she has been one of the best childminders our daughter has ever had.
From the first few weeks our daughter joined Deglys, we noticed a real difference—not only in her, but also in how reassured we felt as parents. Leaving your child for a full day is never easy, but with Deglys, we quickly developed a strong sense of trust and confidence.
One of the things we appreciated most was the daily communication. Deglys regularly shared updates and photos via WhatsApp, keeping us informed about activities, meals, and routines. Over time, we built a beautiful collection of memories that captured special moments in our daughter’s development.
Our daughter was always happy and excited to go to Deglys’ home, which meant so much to us. It was also incredibly valuable to have open and regular conversations about her progress and development.
What truly stood out was Deglys’ kindness. I will never forget her thoughtfulness and willingness to go above and beyond to support us. On one occasion, when my daughter was unwell and I didn’t have a car, Deglys kindly offered to drop us home. She showed the same care on many rainy days as well, often offering us a lift. These gestures meant a great deal to us and reflected her genuine care and generosity.
I am not suggesting that anyone should expect or ask for this kind of help, and I understand it always depends on circumstances and availability. However, what I want to highlight is the way Deglys naturally thinks about and cares for others. While some may see childminding simply as a job, our experience with Deglys showed us that she does it with genuine love, care, and wholehearted support. She looks after the children as if they were her own, and this was evident in our daily conversations, the photos she shared, and most importantly, in how happy and excited our daughter was to go to her home—and how she still remembers and talks about her.
After nearly a year, we had to move to another area, and it was very hard to say goodbye. Even now, our daughter still remembers Deglys fondly, and we stay in touch from time to time.
This experience showed us that when you find the right childminder, it brings not only peace of mind but also a meaningful and lasting connection.
We will always be grateful for the kindness, care, and dedication Deglys showed to our family, and I would wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone looking for a reliable, warm, and nurturing childminder.
by
Marwah
on 23/03/2026
Response by
Deglys
on 19/09/2026:
Thank you so much for your beautiful and heartfelt review. ❤️ It was such a pleasure to care for your daughter and to be part of her early years. She will always hold a special place in my heart, and I’m so grateful for the trust and kindness your family showed me. I will always cherish the memories we made together. ❤️ Besos, Deglys x
I was very lucky to have found Deglys to look after my little boy. She has taken care of my son from 9 months and they have developed a loving bond. She treats him like family, provides good nutritious cooked food as well as healthy snacks. She has created a lovely learning and fun atmosphere for all the children. Including different themes and activities every week. It's always hard to leave your baby in care but I've known he was in good hands from the very beginning. He comes home a happy boy and is constantly learning and developing.
I could recommend her care anymore!
by
Sima
on 28/10/2025
Response by
Deglys
on 28/10/2025:
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I’m so grateful for the trust you’ve placed in me to care for your son. It’s been wonderful seeing him learn and thrive, and I’m so glad he enjoyed his time here!
I couldn't be more grateful for the exceptional care and support Deglys has provided for my son from 1 year old to starting school this September. She's not only helped him develop outstanding educational skills, such as writing his name, recognising sounds, and numbers ahead of his age, but also instilled essential life skills like independence and self-care. What truly sets her apart is the emotional intelligence and kindness she's nurtured in him, teaching him to treat others with respect and stand up for himself. Although I'm sad he's moving on to school, I know he's well-prepared thanks to Deglys. I wish he could stay with her forever! 5 stars isn't enough – she's truly made a lasting impact on my child's life.
by
MollyE
on 06/05/2025
Response by
Deglys
on 19/09/2026:
Thank you so much, Molly, for your beautiful words! ❤️ It’s been such a pleasure watching him grow and develop over the years. I’ll miss him so much, but I’m so proud of the little boy he’s become. Thank you for trusting me with his care. ❤️ xxx
Tia Deglys, as my son lovingly calls her, is an amazing childminder. My son has been at her setting for over two years and he was very well looked after. The one to one attention he has received made a big difference to his confidence, reading, writing and learning abilities. My son would always speak very well of Tia Deglys' delicious hot meals. Her setting has always been very flexible to accomodate my work schedule and I'm so grateful to her for preparing my son so well for school. He is now well settled at school and has learnt all his basics very well at her setting. I couldn't be more grateful for all her support which has helped us raised such a wonderful and respectful little boy.
by
Karen
on 10/09/2024
Response by
Deglys
on 19/09/2026:
Thank you so much, Karen, for your lovely review and kind words. It has been a pleasure caring for your son and watching him grow and flourish. I’m so proud of how far he has come and will miss him dearly. ❤️
it’s Deglys xx
Deglys started looking after my son Alex since he was 1 year old, until he reached age of Reception. Very quickly Deglys gained my trust by her openness and enthusiasm, and most importantly, the way she was looking after my son. Since day one, Alex very quickly acclimatized himself to the new environment, new children and Deglys's family (including the most gentle dog - Cookie). The place soon became Alex's 'second home' :) Alex reached all the developmental milestones and any concerns or worries were quickly communicated with me. Deglys provided daily updates of activities by sending photos and videos, creating a lifetime of memories! Daily routine, fresh cooked food, selection of age appropriate toys and very safe, beautiful garden made Alex wanting to go to Deglys every day.
Deglys delivers in every aspect of the childcare, providing safe, kind, loving, caring and fun environment for the child to grow and flourish. I cannot recommend her enough and I am so grateful Deglys is in our lives not only as a great childminder but most wonderful friend.
by
Magdalen
on 03/04/2024
Response by
Deglys
on 19/09/2026:
Thank you so much, Magdalen, for your beautiful words and for trusting me with Alex. It has been such a pleasure watching him grow, learn and flourish. I will always treasure the memories we’ve made together. ❤️xx
Our son was with Deglys from the age of 6 months to 17 months and we can’t speak highly enough of just how excellent Deglys and her team were with his care and development. She cared for him just like her own and he met so many of his milestones while there. Her daily fresh meals were absolutely delicious! (We used to sneak bites every now and then) and the structure of learning was second to none. One of our favourite things about Deglys was how organised she was and how she carefully planned every learning activity with themes and resources. We have no doubt that one of the reasons our son developed so well in those months is because of Deglys and the team and we can’t thank them enough. If we hadn’t relocated so far, he would definitely still be with them and we miss them everyday!
by
EzZeMama
on 03/02/2024
Response by
Deglys
on 19/09/2026:
Thank you so much for your lovely review! ❤️ It was such a pleasure caring for your son and watching him grow and reach so many milestones. We miss him and your family and wish you all the best in your new chapter! 💙✨
There are 2 circle of of interest we considered were very important for our baby's best carer.
1- Baby's circle of influence - Loving, reliability, professionalism, good set up facilities, efficient teaching skills, passion at looking after kids' development, healthy feeding habits, and happiness.
2 - Parents' Circle of influence: Flexibility in line with our jobs, great communication skills, guidance in our child's best habits, feeding techniques, Spanish speaking and friendliness.
Deglys has taken care of Lucia for about 2 years (1 till 3 years old). Lucia has demonstrated every day at home all the learnings at the minder, in a very good disciplined manners; ie. removing her shows at the entrance, listening when talking to her, eating property and using the cutlery accordingly, kindness, following instruction and great manners when doing crafting or colouring activities.
Lucia is growing in 3 Languages and Deglys is supporting us with English and Spanish very much.
Lucia is always excited to go to Deglys' minder, she feels like at home -if not happier-, and we consider Deglys as an aunty for Lucia and a relative to us :).
We can not thank you enough for all help and guidance you have given us in raising Lucia so well an happy to the child she is now.
Deglys cooks fresh food every day for lunch and dinners for kids and kids love it. Great variety of healthy food.
Thank you for sending all the pictures and videos of Lucia every day, we now have a whole book printed with all those pics :)
I will always recommend Deglys' childminder to any parent that wishes her/his kid to be happy and an a great dynamic environment that plot a great scenario for kids to develop their best possible skills at this early age.
With best regards,
Thx
by
ivan Rub
on 03/12/2022
Response by
Deglys
on 19/09/2026:
Thank you so much for your beautiful words and for trusting me with Lucia. ❤️ It has been such a joy watching her grow, learn and blossom into the wonderful little girl she is today. 🥰
She will always hold a very special place in my heart, and I’m so grateful to have been part of her journey. Thank you for your trust, kindness and friendship over the years. ❤️
With love,
Deglys x
We could not of asked for better when it comes to Faicka and Deglys! They have become part of our family and treat our boys like their own! The care they provide is the best i have ever come across, with diverse learning activities and the love and care they give all the kids is just amazing!!
by
Khloe
on 23/11/2022
Response by
Deglys
on 24/11/2022:
Thank you for the beautiful review
Deglys is a very good childminder. She looks after children very well providing a safe and secure environment for them. She has care n love for children and commitment to providing a high standard of childcare. I can 100% recommend her
by
Parent
on 29/09/2020
Response by
Deglys
on 19/09/2026:
Thank you so much, Afshan, for your lovely review and kind words. ❤️ It truly means a lot to me. I’m so grateful for your trust and support, and it was a pleasure caring for your little one. 🥰
Wishing you and your family all the very best! ❤️
Deglys x
My daughter was cared for by Deglys from the age of 8 months until she was 4 years old. For the entire duration of my daughter's care, Deglys ensured my child was safe, felt loved, learned and eat healthy meals, including snacks.
If you are looking for a childminder that is reliable and above all, will look after your child to an incredibly high standard, then Deglys is the childminder for you and your family.
by
Rachel
on 16/09/2020
Response by
Deglys
on 19/09/2026:
Thank you so much, Rachel, for your beautiful review and kind words. It was such a pleasure caring for your daughter over the years and watching her grow. I’m incredibly grateful for the trust you placed in me and your family. It truly means a lot! ❤️
Deglys has had my daughter since she was around 6 months old she is 3 now!
She is more like an Aunty to her than a childminder my daughter truly adores her and they have a great bond.
Deglys provides a range of activities and toys to keep her occupied whilst stimulating her growing mind.
The children often go on trips and the play area is always immaculate.
Great setting for a home from home feel and peace of mind.
Highly recommended.
by
Mumof2
on 16/09/2020
Response by
Deglys
on 19/09/2026:
Thank you so much for your lovely review and for taking the time to share your experience. It really means a lot to me! ❤️ I’ve loved having your daughter with me over the years and watching her grow into the lovely little girl she is. She is such a joy to have, and I’m so glad she feels happy and at home here. Thank you again for your kind words and for trusting me with her , it’s very much appreciated! xx
My daughter, has been with Deglys since she was 2 years old for over a year. In my opinion she is an excellent childminder. This is both in terms of how happy my child was and how well she has developed and also in comparison with other childminders I am aware of.
She was always kind, caring and loving towards my daughter.She looked after her very well.
Every day I was receiving a pictures of my daughter's activities and this helped me to feel involved with her care.
I was very pleased with Deglys and I can highly recommend her as a childminder for your child.
by
Parent
on 15/09/2020
Response by
Deglys
on 19/09/2026:
Thank you so much for your lovely review and kind words! ❤️ It was a pleasure looking after your daughter and watching her grow and develop. Thank you for trusting me with her! xx
Deglys has been incredible with my son. He started going to her at about 9 months after a horrible experience at a nursery and has stayed ever since. He loves going to her. The activities they do are amazing, he regularly comes home with different arts and crafts that he has made and I am kept up to date on what he odes and his progress. The main thing I really appreciated from Deglys was receiving photos and videos of what my son was doing throughout the day and the meals she has made for him. They regularly go out to the local playgroups and park.
Deglys has plenty of toys and activities at her house. I was so impressed that my son was able to count to 10 confidently and name shapes, colours and animals at a very young age. He has also picked up on some Spanish. Deglys helped me to toilet train him, the process only took a couple of days and he has been out of nappies for good ever since.
by
Sheree
on 15/09/2020
Response by
Deglys
on 15/09/2020:
Thanks, I really appreciate your lovely words 😍
Deglys has looked after my two kids both from newborn up to 5 years old ( that’s because my daughter wanted to go back ) and I’ve always seen in my kids how independent they are and so developed all thanks to Deglys teaching system.
I always receive pictures of my kids showing how they are which is good, we have good communication.
My kids both love her and they are always happy to go with her which is what every parent wants.
by
Parent
on 14/09/2020
Response by
Deglys
on 14/09/2020:
Thank you so much for your lovely words and I’m glad the kids are happy to come back to me 🤣🤣😍
The best childminder I've had, my son loves it, I recommend It.
by
Parent
on 27/08/2020
I was in 3rd trimester when I found Deglys. I was very tired and she take care of my daughter very well till now. Even during labour she took over my daughter so I could be more relax. My daughter really likes her and I can see how she’s learning everyday something. She was very helpful with potty training !!! Thank you you are with us!!Really if you look for good Childminder she is the right person! Very confident and a lot of experience!
by
Parent
on 26/08/2020
Response by
Deglys
on 19/09/2026:
Thank you so much for your kind words and lovely review! ❤️ It was a pleasure caring for your daughter, and I’m so glad you were happy with my support. xx
My daughter goes to Deglys 3 times a week minimum and loves it! She gets excited when it's time to go and with every update I receive, she is always smiling and enjoying herself. She has developed both in her confidence and language skills and I love to see how far she has come for an 18 month old! This is all down to Deglys care and passion for what she does and it truly reflects in my happy little munchkin. Would recommend to anyone who has those first time worries! Lovely childminder!
by
Parent
on 21/08/2020
Response by
Deglys
on 19/09/2026:
Thank you so much for your beautiful review! ❤️ I’m so happy to hear she enjoys coming and that you’ve seen such a lovely difference in her confidence and language. It’s a pleasure having her with me! xx