We know from the revised Ofsted inspection handbook (updated April 2021) and provider feedback that Ofsted inspectors are focusing on quality teaching during inspection. We have provided you with guidance to help you focus on planning for learning, teaching British values and teaching so children learn.
Read our quality teaching guidance:
Ensure your curriculum supports every child
• Read the new educational programmes in the EYFS 2021 – you will find published guidance from DfE (Development Matters) and the sector (Birth to 5 Matters) to support you.
• Think about the balance of child-initiated and adult-guided play – as the child gets older, the EYFS states that you will need to increase the number of adult-guided experiences you offer.
• Note that Ofsted inspection is not about what topics or themes or schemes you follow or whether you are a Forest School or Montessori setting. Ofsted will ask, ‘What is it like for a child here?’
• Think about how well you balance child initiated and adult-guided play through the week.
Childcare.co.uk have provided you with a series of provision planning, themed planning and continuous provision planning guides, updated for the new curriculum expectations.
Provision Planning for the 7 Areas of Learning Guidance
Themed Planning Guidance
Sample Continuous Provision Planning Guidance
Guidance to Help you Support Children's Schemas
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free