This is me: Being a nanny is my chosen career but it never feels like work, it's just part of who I am! Looking for a nanny share or nanny own child role.
My name is Ophélie, I am an Ofsted registered nanny who lives in Broadbridge Heath, Horsham. I specialise in the care of children under the age of 5 because I love that age group, they are so unpredictable and they make every day feel special and exciting, we are never bored! Due to the fact that I love my career, I try to be the best nanny I can be for the children in my care so I regularly keep myself up to date with the current childcare guidelines on top of my level 3 qualifications and my 16 years’ experience in childcare. I am currently looking into forest school training and a yoga for children course.
I am fully bilingual in French & English. A speach therapist whom I worked with to help a child with speech dealy told me that children are more adapt to learning multiple languages before the age 5. It’s known as the critical period of language. Someone like me with a strong accent will help the child to train their ear to pay more attention to what is being said in English, in result supporting their language development. So whether I speak to your child(ren) in French, English or both will be an amazing opportunity for them which make me stand out as your potential choice of nanny.
I am volunteer at Kinderoo Baby & Toddler Group which we will attend every Thursdays, term time with your little one(s) where I plan the weekly craft, run story time and the parenting book library.
I very cheerful and have a warm and friendly personality that will make your children feel special and loved. I am very creative, active and outdoorsy, I enjoy nursery rhymes, children literature, exploring nature incl. forest school, gardening with children, sensory & messy play as well as arts & crafts. But best of all I love to give lots of tickles, kisses and cuddles!
A bubble wand and a kite live in my car, I have tickly hands at the ready and always up for cuddling up to read stories which I bring to life by using props and all sort of voices for the characters: "Oh help, Oh no! It's a Gruffaloooo!"
One of my favourite mottos is "there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" I would ask if it was possible that your child's wardrobe includes suitable clothing for both very cold and very hot days. This would assure that we can have outdoor fun every day, no matter the weather! We love jumping in puddles under the rain, it helps boost our immune system, but more importantly, it means a cup of hot cocoa when we get back indoors! Marshmallow & cream anyone?
I will support and provide stimulating activities for the development of your child following the EYFS current guidance. For example, I will be engaging your child in lively and fun activities appropriate to their age: exploring the outdoors, arts & crafts, messy play, imaginative play... and take them to activities including playgroups, the farm, the beach, classes, feeding the ducks (seeds not bread)... I know the area well for activity opportunities.
I'm very good at tackling the behaviour challenges that sometimes arise as you would expect with any child, my main tricks are redirection to something fun or make them forget by laughing with a funny grin or a cuddle. I will use time outs if this is your child rearing philosophy although I do try to avoid behaviour management techniques that include isolation or child shaming and will never be physical with a child. One of my previous nanny families commented on my use of the "Ophelie voice" which is firm but not shouty! I will try to turn every day jobs into a game so it becomes fun and not boring.
I can cook warm and healthy meals and provide opportunities for your child to grow as a food lover. I will never force a child to eat something they don't want but I will try to get them involved as much as possible in food purchase or picking as well as preparation to help them become keen to try new foods. I can carer for food allergies and special diets.
Do you want to know how I can offer excelent social skill development for your little one(s)? I exclusively work as a nanny own child or nanny share (depending on your budget)
I am a mum to two lovely boys who are very well mannered, my eldest is 4, his nursery teacher told me "if we ask anyone at nursery who their best friend is, they all say it's Layton!". Another mum also told me "Darcey loves to play with Layton because he isn't like the other boys he never plays rough". Layton will be in full time school from September and will have term time childcare organised before and after school (a French au pair) so he will be joining the fun with your child/children during the school holidays.
My youngest, Marlow is 17 months and everyone keeps commenting how sweet and content he is. He loves cuddles, reading stories and climbing at the playground. I bring all his equipment and food
16 years of professional experience full time + extra part-time experience:
• Volunteer at my local weekly playgroup since September 2018, I usually plan the craft activity for up to 30 children under the age of 5 and I run storytime with puppets and other props.
• Mum of 2 boys: Layton was born in May 2015 & Marlow in February 2018
• 2 years as a nanny with own child in the UK
• 5+ years as a daily nanny in UK
• 4 years as an au pair in USA, Germany and UK
• 2 years in primary schools as a teacher assistant in the UK
• 2 years as a teacher trainee in primary schools in France and UK
• 3 years as a French instructor in two Saturday schools for bilingual children: La Petite École de Canterbury in Kent & Le Petit Poucet in Sutton, London borough
• Volunteered in children centres in Surrey and Kent
• 3 summers as a summer camp leader in France, USA and UK
• 2 years in a charity for vulnerable children, some of whom had a certain degree of educational needs, in France
• 7 years of teaching private French lessons to students of all ages in the UK
• Babysitting since 2003 in France, USA and UK
*** Excellent checkable references available after a successful interview ***
PS: If my years of experience don't add up its because some of those roles are overlapping
• OCN Level 3 - Postnatal and Infant Care (2014) - Non-medical maternity nurse
• NVQ Level 3 - Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (2010) - Teaching assistant
Continuous Professional Development:
I participate in regular CPD programmes, this means I am always following current guidelines on childcare & child development. I keep all my certificates in my professional portfolio that I will show you when I come for an interview. As of June 2019 I have over 30 certificates including behaviour management, asthma, fire safety, safeguarding, EYFS, the value of play, music in early years, child nutrition, safe driving, phonics, reading, early maths, speech & language development, Makaton sign language...
• Baccalaureate (2005; In France, this includes 12 subjects studied over 3 years)
Other relevant documents:
• Ofsted registration certificate
• Nanny Insurance
• Automatic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), previously known as Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) or police check
• Pediatric First Aid renewed every 3 years
• Full, clean driving license with a 7-seater car insured for carrying nanny children
Option 1) nanny with own child to start ASAP from first week of September 2019 for 3-4 full days per week
Option 2) nanny share to start in January 2020 for 2-3 full days per week
I am not available on Fridays from November 2019 to March 2020
Availabilities last updated on 08/08/2019
|Last Updated: 15/07/2019|
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
- Nannying from £12.00 per hour (gross)
I am Ofsted registered so you can use childcare vouchers, child tax credits and the tax-free childcare accounts to pay my wages.
• Permanent role as a nanny with own child: £12 gross per hour via payroll. I am happy to negotiate to £11 gross if you require more than 30h/week
• Permanent role as a nanny share between 2 families: £8.21 gross per family (as per minimum wage laws) - only feasible from January 2020 when Marlow turns 2 and can be left with the au pair
I will advise you on payroll companies. (my taxes, NI and pension contributions are included, your employer contributions are approximately 10% on top)
• Use of my own car is 45p/mile
• Evening babysitting from 7pm, 7 days a week £10 per hour where I pay my own taxes via self employment
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- Ofsted Certificate (added 22/05/2018)
- Training Certificate: Support Children's Health - Asthma Module (added 17/02/2017)
- Training Certificate: Safe Sleeping for Babies - Reducing the Risks of SIDS V2 (added 12/06/2016)
- Training Certificate: Developing Play and Language Developing Play and Language Certificate (added 12/06/2016)
- Training Certificate: Infant feeding Part 3: Weaning Certificate (added 12/06/2016)
- Training Certificate: Value of Play Certificate (added 25/04/2016)
- Training Certificate: Understanding the revised EYFS Certificate (added 25/04/2016)
- Training Certificate: Supporting early language development (added 25/04/2016)
- Training Certificate: Supporting Children with Speech Language and Communication Needs Certificate (added 25/04/2016)
- Training Certificate: Partnership with parents Certificate (added 25/04/2016)
- Training Certificate: Observing Children Certificate (added 25/04/2016)
- Training Certificate: Nanny Drive A Child iQ Certificate (added 25/04/2016)
- Training Certificate: Makaton Certificate Stages 1, 2, 3, 4 (added 25/04/2016)
- Training Certificate: Child Protection Certificate (added 25/04/2016)
- Training Certificate: Child Nutrition and Cooking Certificate (added 25/04/2016)
- Training Certificate: Child Behaviour (added 25/04/2016)
- Training Certificate: Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (added 25/04/2016)
- Reference: Reference Deal Parochial Primary School (added 25/04/2016)
- DBS Check (added 25/04/2016)
- Reference: Reference Sitters Agency (added 24/04/2016)
- Reference: Reference Bonner (added 24/04/2016)
- Reference: Reference Capgras (added 24/04/2016)
- Reference: Reference Burlington Children's Centre (added 24/04/2016)
- Reference: Reference Thille (added 24/04/2016)
- Full CV (added 24/04/2016)
- Exam Certificate: NVQ Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (added 24/04/2016)
- Exam Certificate: OCN Level 3 Postnatal & Infant Care Education Course (added 24/04/2016)
- EU Passport (added 24/04/2016)
- EU Driving Licence (added 24/04/2016)
- First Aid Certificate: FFA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (added 24/04/2016)
Below are the latest reviews for NannyOphelie. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Great babysitter. Great with children. Genuine nice person. Very honest and caring.
Highly recommend. Only provided babysitting as that was all that was required, but would recommend as a Nanny also.
Ophelie, during her near year-long residency in the United States, cared for my two children back when they were about ages 7 and 1. She came one night a week and occasionally for short-notice events on the weekends. Bright and cheerful, Ophelie was a beacon of light to our family during a terrible time. She ensured consistency and care. My children were safe, in bed on time, and looked forward to her visits. Ophelie was tidy, punctual, and positive, too!
Ophelie looked after our two children initially aged four (son) and two (daughter) for nearly two years. She is a brilliant nanny and I would highly recommend her.
Ophelie worked for us for three long days (7.30-6pm) and was always flexible to cover any extra time needed. She is extremely reliable and rarely sick. Her duties involved creating a timetable of fun and educational activities for the children- during the week and in the holidays. She did the school run, took them to activities such as swimming, ballet, tennis. She arranged play dates with prior agreement from us. She also cooked all the meals for the children and cooked for us once a week. Ophelie is a good cook- involving the children where she can; we’ve had some delicious and nutritious meals.
Ophelie is extremely resourceful and always eager to learn herself. She has undertaken a number of courses herself around her working hours whilst employed with us. Any chance she can get to learn something new and she’ll take the opportunity- face painting was an example where our children benefitted immensely. In the last few weeks her maternity course has come into play with our newborn daughter. The children were always doing something new and creative- messy play, beautiful crafts, outside exploring and discovering nature. Ophelie took an active part in teaching our son how to read and write in support of what he was learning at school in Reception and in Year 1. She continued to do this with our daughter too now she is in pre-school.
Ophelie is extremely calm, very sensible and commands a great deal of respect from the children. She loves to play with them, teach them and nurture them. She sets strict boundaries for acceptable behaviour, instils good manners and uses warnings and eventually time out when they do not do as they have been asked. She’s confident in her abilities and the children respect and love her for it.
Ophelie is full of ideas for fun things to do and can occupy little minds at home and out and about. Ophelie likes to get out- walking with them where she can. She’s a confident and safe driver and has driven both our car and her own. She regularly took our youngest to Messy play at the Children’s Centre and made the most of the Toy libraries. Having a theme for the week worked very well. They loved the trips to the park for pond dipping and picnics.
I am sure your child/ren will be very happy with Ophelie and you’ll feel confident and happy leaving your child/ren with her each day. You’ll come home to a happy home with happy children and a relaxed and smiling Ophelie.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.