Hi my names Laurie and I'm a mom of three beautiful children, two girls aged 15 and 16 and one boy aged 21 who's currently going to University. I've been happily married for 20 years and can only hope for 20 more. I originally come from Canada and my husband is from Nigeria. I've lived the in the UK for the past 17 years and really enjoy the small town life. Adding on to our family, we own a dog, she's a cross between and German Shepard and a Lab. She loves children and is very playful, friendly and very protective of them.
I'm a very family orientated mom and feel very strongly that children need a strong and nurturing environment to become a well rounded individual. I'll always try my best to include both yourself and your child in making you feel like you're a part of our family.
I have attached my latest Ofsted Inspection, please feel free to review it and ask any questions you may have.
I've been child minding since 2004. I honestly believe that taking care of children is not a job, it's a privilege. You don't get rich on watching children, I do this job because I honestly love what I do. In my setting I:
- Promote, plan and implement activities for children of various ages and stages of development, both indoors and outdoors.
- Continually take part in briefing sessions or courses that would help me to improve my setting and ability to provide what's needed for the children.
- Great organizational skills which are needed, for example planning outings (paperwork, health and safety, activities)
- Skilled in managing groups of children while teaching.
- Knowledge of child behaviour and development.
- Skilled in positive interaction with parents and children.
- Provide First Aid / Pediatric Aid if needed.
- Can provide care for new borns.
- Strong verbal and personal communication skills (listen and communicate effectively to both the children and families on a daily basis).
- Provide healthy snacks and occasionally I will cook hot meals if needed.
- Knowledge of administration work (record keeping, learning journeys, WOW moments, daily journals, health and safety, contracts, policies and procedure, governmental changes to childcare...etc.)
- Organize my house in ways that are practical, spacious but safe.
- Perform many supportive tasks.
I try my best to utilize my strong dedication to each child's development and to their educational needs. It's important that as a child minder you develop skills at being creative, problem solving, making decisions and most importantly loving and patient.
First Aid Pediatric (renewed 2015)
NVQ 3 - Cache level 3 Diploma (2014)
Sure Start - Step into story sacks (2014)
Safeguarding in Early Years and Childcare
EYFS Progress Check at Age Two
Revised EYFS Framework 2012 briefing
Introducing Child minding Practice (ICP)
Towards Excellence in the Early Years (RAG)
I work from 6 am to 6 pm Monday to Fridays.
I will provide care both during school term and term breaks.
I do school pick ups and drop offs. ( Selected schools only)
I also am qualified to do overnight care.
Available on evenings: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
These hours our flexible, please just ask and I will try my best to accommodate.
|Last Updated: 20/08/2018|
- Childminding from £4.00 per hour
- Babysitting from £5.00 per hour
I charge 4.00 per hour, per child.
My Local Schools
This childminder has not yet informed us whether or not they provide any drop off or pick up services at local schools.
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- Reference: Parental Reference (added 17/01/2017)
Below are the latest reviews for Laurie. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Left my child alone for the first time and as nervous as I was, I was completely confident in Laurie that she was able to look after my child. She made me feel reassured and kept me updated with pictures. I would definitely recommend her to any one of my friends and family.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.