*I'm a GOLD Member - You can contact me for Free!*
I'm a nanny who's OFSTED registered, DBS checked, first aid trained and fully qualified. I'm also experienced to work with disabled children. Choosing the right nanny to look after your little one is possibly one of the most important decisions you will make… Please take the time to read my entire profile as only then will you know if I am the right nanny for you.
*** ABOUT ME ***
I'm a qualified nursery nurse with over 11 years of childcare experience, caring for children aged between 3 months to 11 years. I have 3 children of my own and before becoming a parent I was an OFSTED registered childminder. I don't smoke nor drink, I have a clean driving license and my vehicle is a 7 seater car. I have a good understanding of child development and I'm prepared to handle emergencies. I have the experience to work with disabled children, mainly with Down Syndrome and autism. I'm registered with OFSTED as a nanny and my childcare service is open to all families regardless of their ethnic, religious, cultural and personal backgrounds.
*** WHAT NANNIES DO? ***
I sometimes receive messages from parents who are unclear about their childcare requirements... What is the difference between a nanny and a childminder? They all do the same job, and charge more or less the same hourly rate, don’t they? Well, not exactly...
A professional nanny provides care for your child in your own home, on a regular basis. Her primary responsibility is to meet all the needs of your child, this means making sure your little one is eating balanced meals and doing plenty of fun activities to stimulate his/her physical, mental, emotional, personal, social and language development. Your child will have plenty of one-to-one attention, love, and affection from your nanny and will build a close bond with her. On top of that, a nanny is also responsible for all nursery duties including cooking, cleaning and laundry, but only for your child (scroll to the section “Other Duties” for a detailed list). Because of all the above, nannies charge a higher hourly rate than childminders, especially if they have invested a significant amount of their time and money attending childcare trainings and seminars in order to enhance the quality of their childcare services.
Typically, a childminder is an OFSTED registered childcare professional who is trained and qualified. They look after children in their own home, not yours. Childminders charge an hourly rate that is significantly lower than nannies because they can look up to 6 children at the same time.
*** MY PHILOSOPHY ***
- As a nanny, my primary duty is to provide you with the highest standard of childcare while creating a safe, happy, loving and nurturing environment where your little one can grow and achieve his/her full potential.
- I believe that every child is a unique individual, therefore I tailor my childcare activities to suit each child’s age, stage of development, needs, and interests.
- I make it a point to tend to the needs of each child while also promoting individualism and independence.
-I strongly believe that children learn best through a meaningful enjoyable play and self-discovery. Every child should be given the opportunity to play spontaneously and choose what he/she wants to do as much as possible.
- I value the knowledge you have about your child and so, I aim to work closely with you in order to build a great relationship with your little one. This is especially important at the beginning because it will ease any separation anxiety that you or your child might experience.
- Behind all the fun, games, outings and learning activities that I provide, lies the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework, which is concerned with the learning, development, and welfare of all children aged from birth to five. Under my care, your child will enjoy planned and structured education play following the Early Years Foundation stage curriculum.
- Because I’m caring for your little one in your home, I’m of course respectful of your space and keep your family matters confidential. You will find me to be honest, trustworthy and organized.
*** OUR DAYS ***
Throughout the day I will try and follow a routine that ensures your little one is very well cared for and is having lots of fun. I will plan each day in advance but no problem if our plan changes, as I’m aware that with children things don’t always go according to plan. Below are some of the activities that your little one will enjoy:
- Visits to toddler groups, soft play areas, libraries, parks, children’s center
- Trips to the farm, pet shop, gardening center, market, and even the museum
- Outdoor activities, such as sand and water play, mud kitchen, planting seeds and gardening, hunting for minibeasts, learn about the changing seasons, nature walks and sensory exploration activities, chase bubbles, forest school (older children), sports, picnics, and even something as simple as lying on the ground and look for shapes in the clouds
- Sport and wellbeing: I can take young children to baby massage groups, swimming, etc. and older children to their favorite sports activity
- Indoor activities: I provide activities such as arts and crafts, reading books, cooking and baking, building with blocks, junk modeling, table games such as ‘memory’, light physical games like ‘twister’ and relaxing activities such as children’s yoga
- Learning opportunities: I can teach young children vocabulary, numbers and shapes. I can also teach older children to read both English and Arabic and speak Italian.
*** CHILD NUTRITION, DIETARY REQUIREMENTS AND FOOD ALLERGIES ***
I've attended several trainings in child nutrition and food hygiene. I'm happy to share with you my sample menu, which I designed to ensure that children receive a well-balanced and nutritious diet (babies have a personalized menu too). I'm able to cater for most ethnic, cultural and religious dietary requirements, including food allergies. I use only fresh and halal produce to prepare delicious Italian meals (I grew up in Italy) that many kids love!
*** PARTNERSHIP WITH PARENTS ***
I will keep you informed of your child’s daily activities and progress thanks to a digital profile system that is used and trusted by the best day nurseries across the UK. Imagine being miles away from home, yet being able to know in 'real-time' what your little one is up to! This convenient service will reassure you by letting you see for yourself how happy your child is - and the great job I’m doing every day. Each parent gets their own newsfeed to keep them up to date with their child, and busy parents will be able to access this information at a time that suits them best, even if they live abroad. I offer this service free of charge as part of my childcare service.
Another beautiful feature of this service is that you will never miss a moment of your child's development again! Throughout my time with your little one, I will be making systematic observations & assessments of his/her achievements, interests & learning styles. Put simply, observation is the practice of looking at and listening to children to find out how they are developing, what they like doing and what they are learning through their play and the experiences on offer. The observations are then matched to the EYFS curriculum. Based on the knowledge and understanding learned from observations, I will then be able to identify learning priorities and plan your child’s next steps. All this information will be shared with you.
Every 3 months I will ask your feedback to ensure you are happy and satisfied with your child’s care, progress, and safe environment. This will also be an opportunity to forward plan, flag any concerns and ultimately work in partnership together towards the very best outcome for your child.
*** OTHER DUTIES ***
On top of the duties mentioned above, some other works, which are in line with a nanny’s job description, include:
- School pick-up and drop-off
- Take the children to outings, sports activities,
- Plan meals and do the grocery shopping for the children, cook and wash their dishes
- Change baby’s nappies, potty train toddlers, bath and dress children
- Care for children when they are sick, administer medicine(s) and take them to doctor's appointments.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the equipment, toys and rooms used by the children
- Wash and iron children’s clothes, make children's beds
- Help with homework
- Any other child-related duties agreed with the parent
Please note that the above tasks will be agreed upon depending on different factors such as the age and number of children that I will be looking after, the number of hours worked, time of the day, etc. Please note that if you require a nanny who can also work as a ‘mother’s help’ this must be agreed beforehand as I charge a different rate for this service.
*** SELF-EMPLOYED NANNY ***
Being a self-employed nanny who works for different families means that I am responsible for paying my own HMRC taxes, NI contributions, sickness & maternity leaves, etc.
You can find more detailed information on the internet, but in a nutshell, the law says that by hiring a nanny, you legally become an employer. As a result, you must have an employment contract in place, give to your nanny payslips, pay her at least the minimum wage and have an employer's liability insurance in place. As an employer, you must also check if the nanny can work in the UK. You will also be responsible for paying your nanny's National Insurance contributions and income tax contributions. On top of that, like any employee, your nanny is also entitled to employment-related benefits such as maternity leave, sick pay, paid holiday and redundancy pay (if they meet the eligibility requirements.) Unfortunately, many parents are unaware of these rules and after spending long hours searching for a nanny and interviewing the candidates, they're being put off by all these conditions.
Because I’m a self-employed nanny, the conditions listed above don't apply to me. This means no stress for you, no need to hire an accountant, no need to search and pay for an employer’s liability insurance, no need to pay for your nanny’s holidays and absences. You can simply enjoy your peace of mind knowing that every little thing has been taken care of for you!
*** GET HELP WITH YOUR CHILDCARE COSTS ***
I'm OFSTED registered, so you can get help paying for the childcare I provide (childcare vouchers, tax credits, universal credit, student bursary, tax-free childcare, etc.)
- Nursery Nurse
My areas of expertise are babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers, but I have cared for children up to the age of 11. I'm also trained to work with children with disabilities.
- NVQ Level 3 in Children's Care, Learning & Development
- 12-hour Paediatric First Aid
- Child Protection Advanced - Level 3
- Food Hygiene and Safety - Level 2
- Working with Children with Disabilities
- Equality and Diversity
- Promoting Positive Behaviour
- Autism Awareness
- ADHD Awareness
- Safe Sleeping for Babies - Reducing the Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
My training is always ongoing because I have the drive to keep learning. Since the research, regulations, and standards around early childhood education are constantly evolving, I schedule time each week to keep myself up to date within the childcare industry. I take relevant childcare training, attend seminars and read childcare journals. I also network with other childcare professionals and follow the leading childcare associations.
At the moment I'm available mornings, afternoons and evenings. I'm quite flexible and can work anti-social hours and on short notice.
|Last Updated: 12/01/2020|
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
- Nannying from £10.00 per hour (net)
- I charge a minimum of £10 net per hour.
- I have a minimum booking time of 3 hours for each booking. This applies to both emergency and ongoing childcare. The minimum booking time provides incentive for me to accept your childcare request, otherwise my travel time and transportation costs don't justify accepting the nanny job.
- I'm a self-employed nanny and therefore, I pay my own taxes, NI contributions, etc.
- I'm OFSTED registered, so you can get help toward your childcare costs.
*** My hourly fee is negotiable if I can look after my 1-year-old son along with your child/children. ***
If you're interested in my childcare service, simply text or email me with:
- Days, time and frequency you need childcare
- Age and number of children I need to look after
- The area where you live
- Whether you're happy for me to bring my son or not
Example: Thursday and Sunday from 6pm to 9pm every other week, 2 children aged 3 and 1, Leicester city center, you can bring your child too.
If you have any special requirement then it is better to speak over the phone or meet face-to-face first.
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- UK Driving Licence (added 06/12/2019)
- DBS Check (added 05/12/2019)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 03/12/2019)
Below are the latest reviews for Bismillah Childcare. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Having worked with us for almost 4 years in total, we are extremely priviliged to have secured her as a childminder/nanny. She was initially childminder for our first child and then became nanny when we had a second. She cared for the kids like her own, they enjoy being with her and does not have anything negative to say about her. She is always professional and ensures the kids play have educational value. I find her reliable and trustworthy. She is also flexible and it does make us feel like she cares for the kids, and not judt treating it as purely a job. Anyone having her does not need to worry about their child’s needs.
Response by Bismillah Childcare on 10/12/2019:
Thank you Hafizah!
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience about both my childminding and nanny service. I'm happy that I was able to look after your children for so many years and see them grow into confident and happy little people. I wish you all the best in life and I'm here for you anytime, In Sha Allah.
I was bailed out by a nanny, and she was there for my rescue, I don’t regret losing the other one!
My kids already miss her, they became so comfortable with her in the initial meeting.
She is very child friendly and creative at the same time, she kept the kids busy with activities and play all customized! You tell her what you want your kids to do and she will figure out the most exciting creative activity to do together.
Jazakallah and I wish you success!
Response by Bismillah Childcare on 17/10/2019:
Thank you for taking the time to leave me such a nice review Numera!
I'm thrilled that you've found my childcare service to be one of the most reliable in Leicester!
I love to provide a great service to awesome parents like you and i'm looking forward to seeing your amazing children again.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.