A polite, caring and responsible nanny, with a great deal of experience and interest in children and their development, in both home and formal settings. A confident childcare, with a great passion for children, who is mindful of well-being and safety at all times, and develops close relationships with children and their families.
Provides loving care while making sure to meet disciplinary and educational goals for each child. Offers clear direction to promote good behaviour patterns. Confident, mature, full of energy.
Experience of designing and planning programs of learning, entertainment, and leisure activities. Familiar with, and ability to follow, the parameters of early years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory standards.
Nationality - Portuguese. English is good, and improving continuously, with lessons.
Nanny, July 2014- 2016
Sunflower Childminders, Feb 2013 – Jun 2014, Assistant Childminder
• Responsible for the development, safety, well-being and learning of young children (from 3 months to 8 years); providing supervision and constant care.
• Preparation of and cooking of all children´s milk, snacks and meals.
• Changing nappies, and bathing children when required.
• Tidying up play areas and after messy-play activities.
• Co-plan and follow a weekly program, which included:
- Calling attendance, registration in the mornings.
- Working on individual child targets, applying EYFS.
- Playing with the children; all the while helping them with communication and language skills, reading and literacy, numbers and counting, rhymes and singing, fine-motor skills and physical development, arts and crafts, and general understanding of the world.
- Excursions; play-group, children’s centre, library, local parks and playgrounds.
School & Council 2012 – 2013; Recreation & Leisure Manager
• Technological development and sociocultural intervention with young, administrative assistant with the typical functions of an official of the council.
• Replacement classes in the absence of teacher, plans for entertainment of students
Private Social Solidarity Institution (Elderly care), 2009 – 2010, Co-ordinator
• Planning and direction of play activities.
Other Work Experience
• Private Nanny – Jun/Jul 2013 and Jun/Jul 2014
• Evening Nanny, and babysitting – various times over past 5 years, as required.
3rd level; Escola Professional Atlantico (EPA), 2006 – 2009, /
• Animador Sociocultural; completed course in 14-06-2009, and passed with a professional certification level III
• The Socio-cultural Animator is qualified to promote the cultural development of groups and communities, organizing, coordinating and/or developing cultural animation, educational, social, play and recreation activities. (Please see Additional Information).
2nd level; Escola B+S Bispo D. Manuel Ferreira Cabral - Santana
• Secondary School
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
Escola Professional Atlantico (EPA), 2006 – 2009
• Animador Sociocultural; completed course in 14-06-2009, and passed with a professional certification level III.
• Socio-cultural Recreation & Leisure Management provides a professional qualification to those who wish to promote the development of multi-cultural groups and communities, in schools or independent businesses; covering the organisation, coordination and / or developing of educational programmes, and activities of recreation and leisure, for all ages; from young children to older adult.
• The Socio-cultural Animator/Technical Sport typically works at the following locations;
- Nursery Schools / Childminders; Community Cultural Centres; Libraries; Other cultural/recreational facilities (museums, etc.); Private institutions / Homes; Social Welfare institutions / Social Support Centres;
- Can also provide basic schools Social Services (social action, health) in support of disadvantaged groups.
• Fundamental activities performed by this coach are:
- diagnose and analyse, in multidisciplinary technical teams, risk situations and areas of intervention under which act, relating to the target group and its surroundings;
- promote Group and social integration;
- fostering interaction among the various social actors in the community;
- plan and implement in conjunction with multidisciplinary technical team, socio-community intervention projects;
- plan, organize, promote and evaluate activities of an educational, cultural, sporting, social, playful, recreational context, in the community or at home, having regard for the situation, the needs of the individuals, and with a view to improving their quality of life, enjoyment, and social interaction;
- keep up with the changes that arise in the situation of clients/users which affect their welfare;
- articulate and report on interventions
- target setting at group/individual levels.
|Last Updated: 05/03/2021|
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
- Nannying from £10.00 per hour (gross)
Hourly rate; £10 p/h
Below are the latest reviews for Fatima S. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Fatima has worked with my son for the past 18 months; (both at Sunflower Childminders; Feb 2013 – Jun 2014, and as a Private Nanny; Jun-Jul 2013, and Jun-Jul 2014).
My 2 years old son is crazy about her, and she has a very close bond with him; he is thrilled every time he sees her and knows there is a trip to the park, or a fun arts & crafts activity just around the corner! Although her mother tongue is Portuguese, her English is improving all the time, and has not been a limiting factor.
She is a very caring nanny, and we would recommend her highly.
As any parent will appreciate, it is essential to find the right carer who will provide for your child’s individual needs, whilst allowing them room to grow and develop in a safe environment. Based on my initial visit to her place of work, and in meeting Fatima, any concerns were allayed instantly. My son took to her straight away, and has been his carer since he was 7 months old.
Fatima worked to meet my son’s needs – emotional, social and intellectual – while catering and caring for all of the other children in her charge. She treated them all as individuals, encouraged them to play together, yet be respectful of one another. She promoted learning and development, and instilled good values by listening to and answering the children with simple, clear responses. If my son stepped outside boundaries, she responded with firm but kind discipline in terms he understood.
When the childminder’s business was closed over holiday periods (summer 2013 & 2014), Fatima came and nannied for us in our home. She continued to provide a safe and stimulating environment for him, and used a wide variety of age appropriate activities and toys to promote his learning and development. She also prepared and cooked all his meals. She also created lots of opportunity for outside play, by bringing him to local parks, play-grounds, play-groups, and soft play areas; ensuring plenty of stimulation and social interaction in other environments, and with other children.
Each evening, I received a diary detailing what my son has done. This helped me to feel involved with his care, and meant I could talk to him about his day.
Fatima’s flexible, honest and trustworthy demeanor meant she regularly went above and beyond her duties – on occasion baby-sitting in the evenings when I and my husband had to work late, or for a much needed night out!
She is 100% committed to children and her role in child care – I could not be happier with the care and consideration she has for my son. My son loves her dearly, and is growing into a confident self-assured little boy; this is all I could hope and ask for.
Kind regards, AandR
Fatima looked after my daughter for over a year, at a childminders, and had a wonderful relationship with her. Fatima assisted greatly in the development of my daughter whilst ensuring she had fun. She was looked after extremely well in fatimas care and put the needs of my daughter first. We were very sad to loose Fatima and would recommend her to everybody for both nannying and babysitting.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.