Hello! My name is Danielle, an experienced primary school teacher and now a childminder at Happy Start Childminding. For the last 8 years, I have taught nursery, reception and year 1 children in two well respected, outstanding schools. I am responsible and caring, and love working with young children. I ensure that learning is fun and practical, and I adapt activities to suit the needs of the individual child.
I live with my partner Pete and our 2 young sons (born Feb 2016 & June 2018). We have a big garden with a brand new log cabin which has been designed as a playroom. We have a RHS gardens and National Trust membership so we can visit local attractions, as well as visits to local parks and play groups.
- Fully qualified primary school teacher specialising in early years;
- experience teaching Children with English as an additional language;
- experience of the new curriculum and key stage one assessments, especially Phonics Screening Check;
- experience of tutoring children from age 3 to 6;
- activities and resources to support fine motor control to encourage confident writing, as well as maths skills and early reading;
- mum to 2 little children, recent experience at looking after little ones;
- Registered childminder
- BA (Hons) Primary Education QTS with early years specialism
- 12 Hour paediatric first aid training course
- Full UK driving licence (with comprehensive insurance)
- Enhanced DBS certificates
- Safeguarding certificate
- Food safety certificate
- CELTA certificate
- Extensive CPD in my role as a teacher
***UPDATE: Spaces for school holidays - half terms, Easter, Summer, etc. Ad hoc/holiday only available too, at a special holiday rate. Message me for more details.***
***Please ask for current term time availability and/or message me with your requirements.***
I am currently avaliable Monday - Friday.
I can be available some weekends as well, with prior notice.
I can do drop off and collection for Little Saints Pre-School.
Also available for tutoring of children aged 3-6, specialising in phonics, early reading and maths. Please ask for more details. Saturday tutoring slots available.
|Last Updated: 02/04/2019|
- Childminding from £7.00 per hour
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
£7 per hour for all day/full time children.
My fees for all day/full time children include:
Breakfast, 2 x snacks including fresh fruit, water/juice, wipes, nappies, weekly local trips, resources, daily diary, learning journey to record your child’s progress and achievements.
I ask parents to provide infant milk for their child, however I will freely provide cows milk.
Wrap around care:
- Breakfast club: 7.30am-9am - £10 (plus £5 for school drop off)
- After school club: 3pm-6pm - £15 (plus £5 for school pick up). As well as providing a range of activities, I can support with homework & reading.
My Local Schools
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Danetree Junior School
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- UK Passport (added 06/03/2019)
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.