My name is Amelia-May but most people call me Millie, I am 24 years old and I have recently completed my Bachelor Degree in Children, Young People and Families with a Foundation Degree in Early Years (June 2019). I have experience in a variety of settings from nurseries, schools and holiday clubs. Currently I am nannying full time but I'm hoping to pick up some babysitting hours. I'm free most evenings and occasionally a few mornings.
I am a calm and patient person and I believe it is important to encourage children to learn and develop independence with a positive approach. I think it is important for children to have a healthy balance of focused activities and free time whilst also enjoying being out of the house because they can learn so much from the outdoors!
In my own time I love walking my two dogs (Molly and Scout), having fun days out – go ape, Alton Towers or driving down towards the south west to explore the beaches and countryside, going kayaking, swimming and to go on holiday (Mexico and Switzerland are my favourite)! I would love to be able to bring my attributes and qualities to another family.
- Chadsgrove School and Specialist Sports College (one week voluntary) 2010.
Worked in an early year’s class with children with disabilities, played with them, discussed topics with staff and communicated with children and helped feed them and tidy the classroom. This led to a voluntary placement at a multi skills afterschool club within the school every week. I spent a year there from March 2012 till May 2013. I helped pupils join in with the activities and assist with running the activities.
- I spent a week in July 2012 doing work experience at St. Peter’s pre-school which encouraged me to take on a voluntary work placement on a Monday afternoon and also being a bank staff member where I played and ran activities for the children and helped them tidy away towards the end. I finished this placement in April 2015.
- Babysit – I regularly babysit twin girls and a few other children aged between 1 month to 8 years old.
- I used to have a part time job as a swimming instructor at Bromsgrove barracudas where I used to teach children aged from 3 years to 8 years. (March 2012 - December 2014)
- I had a part time job at Treasure Island Play ltd where I ran the front reception at an indoor children’s play centre. I used to work the till, take food orders and take food out, answer the phone and book parties, make announcements and be ‘Pirate Pete’ the treasure island mascot. (November 2012 – November 2015)
- I started working for little gems kids club at Fairfield first school in November 2014. The general activities include making snack, running and planning activities, assisting with all routines, paperwork, have a good knowledge on all policies and the EYFS. I was promoted to play work supervisor in October 2015 which meant that if a manger was not at the setting I would be running the sessions.
- I did a short placement at castle nursery from April 2015 to July 2015. At the nursery I was either based in baby or toddler room. After that I started a placement at Home Farm day nursery (September 2015 to March 2016). These placements rely on me to be an active part of their team and to participate in most of the routines they have.
- In March 2016 I left Little Gems Kids Club to work as a nursery assistant at Cotton Tails Ltd Nursery in Northfield. I was based in both the baby and toddler rooms. (March 2016-July 2016).
- In July 2016 I returned to Little Gems as a setting manager of the out of hours club based at Sidemoor First School. I left in March 2018 however I still do the occasional shift.
- I started nannying in March 2018 and I love it!
Overall I have eight years experience working with children in different settings.
Early Years Foundation Degree (2018)
Safeguarding in Early Years for the Designated Safeguarding Lead - Level 3 (June 2017)
Emergency Drug Administration (February 2017)
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) (June 2016)
Paediatric Advanced First Aid (March 2015) - being updated March 2018
Food Hygeine Basic Awareness (February 2019)
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF) (June 2013)
A Level Religious Studies Grade B (June 2013)
AS Level Sociology (June 2012)
GCSE English Grade B (June 2011)
GCSE Maths Grade B (June 2011)
GCSE Science Grade C (June 2011)
GCSE Geography Grade C (June 2011)
GCSE Art Grade C (June 2011)
GCSE Religious Studies Grade B (June 2011)
GCSE German Grade B (June 2011)
GCSE French Grade B (June 2011)
I am available most evenings all year round and a few mornings during term time.
|Last Updated: 08/09/2019|
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
- Nannying from £12.00 per hour (gross)
Babysitter - £10.00
Nanny - £12.00
No reviews have been submitted for this Nanny.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.