Childminder in Milton Keynes
Babysitter in Milton Keynes
Usually responds within 24 hours
Female Member since Oct 2018 Last Updated Feb 2022 Last Login 03 Jul 2022
I am OFSTED registered childminder with a Paediatric First Aid and DBS checks up to date based in Oxley Park. I’m Bilingual English/Spanish that has been working with children for the last 5 years.
I do provide care for children from birth to 14 year old along with my assistant.
We aim to teach children the seven areas of learning of the early years which includes literacy, mathematics, understanding of the world, expressive arts and design.
The things we teach the children are link to the Personal, Social and Emotional Development.
As learning right from wrong, to take turns and share, teaching about multicultural celebrations and festivals, supporting children to challenge negative attitudes and stereotypes, having mutual respect of different lifestyle, teaching them to have respect for the public institution and services in England.
Ensuring children are tolerant of different religions, faiths, beliefs and diversity.
- Ways we teach your children British values:
• We listen to your child and encourage them to have a voice.
• We teach your child to be tolerant of others and to behave appropriately in group situations.
• We teach your child that they must comply with the law.
• We allow your child to make choices within safe and secure boundaries.
• We teach your child about ‘people who help us’ such as the police and emergency services, to help them develop respect for the law and those who uphold it.
• We teach your child about the world around them, so they learn to respect people, communities, nature and the natural world;
• We encourage tolerance and respect of others.
• Our behaviour policy is used to support your child’s learning and explain our ways of working to parents.
All our teaching is delivered in age-appropriate ways and can be shared with parents and Ofsted on request. Please be aware that, while we are not required to promote religions or beliefs which conflict with our own, we must make children aware that other religions and belief systems exist so they can develop respect for the beliefs of others.
- Teaching children’s spiritual values. We will achieve this by:
• Including celebrations and festivals from around the world in your group planning.
• Focusing on children’s home and family lives.
• Teaching children to listen to others – and respect what they are saying so they learn to take turns and share in group play.
• Finding out about human achievement – famous sports personalities, the monarchy etc.
• Taking children on outings to learn about the local community – where they learn about British flowers and trees, the weather and seasons, wildlife, buildings, people, clothes.
• Supporting children to develop empathy and understanding of the needs of others.
• Introducing children to the diversity of the world around them through books, art, culture, construction, dressing up, role play, outings, songs, dance, food etc.
• Teaching children how to reflect on their learning through asking questions about how things went and how they think activities might be improved in the future…
- Teaching children moral values by:
• Discussing behaviour policies with children and having a strong moral code where positive behaviour is rewarded
• Teaching children to respect property and the environment and that inappropriate behaviour has consequences.
• Planning themed activities to learn about ‘people who help us’
• Discussing moral values and right and wrong with children after reading books such as ‘The little red hen’ or ‘The rainbow fish’
• Ensuring children do not discriminate – and checking your own policies promote equality of opportunity and are not discriminatory
• Helping children to learn about and manage their emotions
- Supporting children’s social development
• Taking children on outings in the local community
• Going on outings so children can play with other children
• Working with children and their families to support them to manage their behaviour appropriately
• Learning about the local community and wider world
• Talking to children about history
• Involving children in, for example, local art exhibitions, school sports days, national sporting events and other cultural opportunities for learning
Teaching social responsibility
• Picking up litter and learning about the ‘Keep Britain Tidy’ campaign
• Being eco-friendly – sharing messages about reusing, recycling and reducing waste
• Supporting the ‘Big Issue’ seller
• Taking toy donations to charity shops
• Participating in national events such as BBC Children in Need (Pudsey Bear), Comic Relief and Barnardo’s Big Toddle etc.
- Supporting children’s cultural development
• Challenging inequality and being a good role model
• Teaching children about special days in their own culture and belief system
• Teaching children about the wider world and disability as ‘just there’ rather than special
• Nurturing children’s unique and special gifts
• Joining in with and sharing information with parents about local cultural events
• Developing strong partnerships with other settings and agencies who work with children
• Extending children’s awareness of the wider world through outings and planned activities
We can also provide tuition lessons for primary, GCSE, A levels in Maths and Spanish language.
Currently have two places for pick ups from Oxley Park Academy and Glastonbury Thorn School.
I started working with children since 2015. I keep doing courses to be up to date with the education I am providing to the children.
Level 3 childcare and early years
Pediatric First Aid
Food Hygiene level 2
Opening times from 7:30 am to 06:30 pm
|Last Updated: 14/02/2022|
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
- Childminding from £5.50 per hour
Full day: £62.50 (7.30am to 6.30pm).
Half day: £32.50 (7.30am-1pm) or (1pm-6.30pm)
Babysitting weekdays: £6.50/£7.50 (7.30am to 6.30pm)
Babysitting weekend: £10.00
Overnight £60 (8pm to 8am)
Including food, snacks and drink.
I do accept government funding and childcare voucher.
***Prices might vary depending on the type of contract and hours ***
My Local Schools
My Ofsted Inspections
The inspection grades below have been obtained from the Ofsted website based upon the registration number the childminder has provided to us. You should verify this information yourself prior to using the childminder.
- Ofsted Certificate (added 12/04/2021)
- DBS Check (added 05/04/2021)
- First Aid Certificate: Paediatric / Child First Aid Level 3 (added 02/07/2020)
- UK Driving Licence (added 19/03/2020)
Below are the latest reviews for Miriam. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Miriam is a great childminder. My 1 year old and 5 year old both attend. They always come home with smiles on their faces as have lots of activities to do and always have a good home cooked meal. I would recommend Miriam to anyone.
Miriam has been looking after my daughter since mid last year. She’s so approachable and lovely. I can see the difference in my daughters development since she started going to Miriam. There’s always so much to do for the kids and Miriam sends daily updates, whether they are pictures for my daughter and activities she was involved in or updates via an app. My daughter loves staying there and playing with other kids. I know she’s well looked after. I cannot recommend Miriam enough!
very lovely lady, my son loves going there any time I drop him. she works according to your needs, flexible and very helpful. I am so glad I know her. she is the best. since my son starts going there his development is improving. she is very experienced , gets my son involve in activities and communicates everythings to me regarding my son each day with her.
Choosing Miriam as my kids childminder is one of the best decisions I have made. I saw my little boy learning a lot ( Maths, Reading, writing & of course fun play ) from her setting. She can go above and beyond when it comes to helping me out with childcare, that’s the flexibility as a working parent like myself always wanted.
I definitely wouldn’t have managed my most challenging weeks if it is not for her.
One amongst the best !!!
Miriam is an extremely kind and caring childminder. My two girls were looked after by her and the girls really love her. She looks after children like her own and is very patient with children. She has a very positive approach towards all children and is very helpful. If you are looking for a kind and caring childminder, Miriam is the one you are looking for.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.