I am a hardworking reliable and trustworthy individual who strives to do everything to the best of her ability. I get on well with a diverse range of people allowing me to work productively on my own or within a group; I am a keen team player and enjoy a challenge. I feel I have strong communication skills and a professional attitude toward my work. I am currently seeking a new exciting challenge to support children and their families.
• Ensuring the day to day running of the nursery, working in partnership with the manager, and stepping up in the manager’s position when they are off duty
• Ensuring the safeguarding and wellbeing of the children is paramount at all times
• Planning effectively for key children’s needs, ensuring their experiences meet their individual needs, interests and next steps of development
• Assisting the SENCo, ensuring any SEND children have their needs met, attending LIFT meetings, any additional training, carrying children’s personal plans and working on a one-to-one basis with children, ensuring children targets are being updated.
• Assisting the SENCo with writing EHCP’s, targeted plans, completing best practice guidance for children, SENIF paperwork, DAF paperwork, CCCT referrals, LIFT referrals , writing behaviour plans, and day to day paperwork
• Passionate about working with children, making sure they have the best start in life ready for them to thrive and supporting children with any additional needs giving them the best start they need.
• Creating and using various communication/visual aids, such as communication pictures, communication boards, song spoons, makaton etc
• Printing invoices, updating children’s funding on synergy, applying for EYPP and DAF funding and updating children’s payments
• Supporting the manager with the DSL work, including filing, making early help referrals, making social service referrals, safeguarding notes, monitoring cause for concern forms etc
• Support all staff with their day to day duties, checking staff paperwork, including next steps, risk assessments, development plans, tapestry accounts and observations and carrying out staff observations and giving feedback to support staff
• Keeping and auditing accident, incident, existing injury records and risk assessments
• Ensuring a safe, high quality environment for young children to thrive and grow
• Carry out AM and PM risk assessments
• Maintaining a good strong relationship with all parents, professionals and staff and working in partnership with them
• Carrying out staff and student inductions
• Liaising with different professionals such as KCC, specialist teachers, student teachers, safeguarding team
• Key holder responsibility
• Contributing to the sustainability of the business via social media, social events, leafleting
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office, Tapestry online learning journey, Pre-schooler management system and inprint
• To recognise and Support families and children from a diverse life style through different situations and challenges. Making referrals to outside agencies.
• Implement actions on both CHIN plans and CP plans, contribute to referrals and reviews by both social care and early help
Secondary School | Clarendon House Grammar School | 2003-2008
GCSE’s - Information Technology-A*, Maths-B, English-CC, Science-C, Physical Education-C , Art-B, French-D
A- Levels | Health, Social Care & Early Years (Double Award) - Merit
Childcare - Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
Oct 16-Aug 17
Courses and Qualifications achieved
Safeguarding training for the Designated Safeguarding Lead
Early years basic child protection awareness
Paediatric First Aid (till 2/12/20)
Food safety & hygiene Level 2
Child sexual exploitation
FGM – Recognise and prevent
Basic awareness of autistic spectrum disorder including interventions
Time to talk technology
Emergency central line care
Observation, Assessment & Planning
Sensory Processing Disorder
Basic awareness of signing
Outdoor Provision for 2 Year Olds
Feeding Pump Training
Language Acquisition Training
Stammering in the Early Years Training
Encouraging Positive Behaviour in the Early Years
Early Years inspection and Improvement conference 2019
|Last Updated: 17/06/2020|
- Babysitting from £9.00 per hour
- Nursery work from £9.00 per hour
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- Full CV (added 17/06/2020)
No reviews have been submitted for this Nursery Nurse.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.