Hello, I'm a retired Alternative Curriculum & Special Needs Teacher , My partner & I took early retirement & moved to Hastings to look after our granddaughter, then there were 2!! we loved that but when our Daughter moved to teach at Brighton College Thailand! I did some been P/ T supply TA work at Torfield Special School, but now would like to do some more work with the 'little ones!'
I started many years ago in 'early years' as this was what I originally trained in then after I had my daughter I seemed to move towards older students ( but with special needs& behaviour issues). I then did 27 years at the sane school in Cambridgeshire as lead Alternative Curriculum Teacher. I managed a team of Teaching Assistants and our aim was to provide each student from KS4/KS5 who was placed in our unit (approx. 50 students ranging from Y7 to Y14) the best curriculum option to ensure they reached their full potential.
In my role I worked closely with many organisations like Princes Trust, The Foundation Learning Partnership, and Charitable funding organisations, Locality, The LEA and local councils. Through these organisations I successfully gained funding and grants to help enhance my unit with ICT resources, a purpose built kitchen and equipment for an eco-garden.
My experience and expertise is with students from KS 3/4/5 who are low academic achievers, have behavioural issues or disabilities like ADHD, Autism in varying degrees along the spectrum, hearing impairments , DAMP, Tourette’s, and students who have been affected by social issues and just can’t manage in main stream. Through my career I have attended many ‘Inset and training’ sessions to support my teaching needs for the wide range of students I teach & support.
These are my main professional Qualifications
National Ass Maternal and Child Welfare (NAMCW) 1977-1979
Diploma: Part 1 & 2: C
City & Guilds Level 1 - Further & Adult Education Teachers’ certificate 1996-1997
See below for various other training & courses attended.
Listed below are some of the external courses attended:
• Successmaker Enterprise January 03.
• ICT for Teaching & Learning March 03.
• Midas minibus training June 05.
• Asdan – Approved Centre Co-ordinator June 05
• Asdan Independent Moderator Stage 1 training October 05.
• Inset Literacy Workshop Speaking & Listening September 05.
• Co-ordinator training for AQA unit awards March 06.
• Foundation Food Hygiene (latest) July 06.
• Asdan AAIMS For COPE (Certificate of Personal Effectiveness) GCSE 1 May 07.
• Asdan Personal and Social development (PSD) GCSE level 1 &2 February 09.
• Level 2 Food Hygiene for Cookery & Catering Sept 11
• Training for delivering BSC Entry 3 level Workplace Hazard Awareness
• Regular training for BTec delivery moderation and assessment from Entry level 2 to Level 2 in WorkSkill, Jamie Oliver cooking skills, Vocational Studies and Science.
• AQA training for delivery of Entry English.
• Child protection for Designated Person training. June 13
• Refresher Autism Level 1 & 2 training March 14
• Level 2 refresher National Numeracy & Literacy challenge July 14
• Appointed Persons First Aid Updated Nov 14
I'm flexible re availability but only want to work P/T.
|Last Updated: 21/11/2020|
- Babysitting from £7.00 per hour
- Nursery work from £10.00 per hour
to be agreed
No reviews have been submitted for this Nursery Nurse.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.