I started in primary education as a teaching assistant and progressed in my career to a cover teacher specialising in English and Maths. Alongside my full time job as a teacher I have been a private tutor for 10+ years teaching English, maths and now offering singing and piano lessons. I specialise in raising children’s attainment levels and performance ability.
I chose this profession because as a child I struggled with my confidence levels which affected my schooling. This allows me to be empathetic towards children dealing with similar circumstances and as a result; can see clearly how to help those children by boosting their self-esteem and confidence, as well as helping those who just need extra learning!
Outside of my work in education, I am also a professional musician and teach children and adults piano, singing/performance skills and songwriting.
Music isn’t just for those who want a career in it but can also work well for speech impediments and confidence building. I have a few clients that I work with to help with their speech impediments. I have seen vast improvements in their speech and confidence which I’m over the moon about and we have lots of fun at the same time!!
I thoroughly enjoy my work with children and feel privileged to watch them progress and mature into confident and able individuals.
I am SEN trained and am able to tailor learning for all children regardless of ability, being all inclusive is very important to me!
I also offer babysitting for children from 6 months to teenage years and have many repeat clients. I am a driver and happy to travel. Any questions please feel free to ask.
- Teacher of English and Maths to KS1, KS2 and KS3
- Music teacher specialising in singing, piano and performance
- Teaching assistant (10yrs) and class teacher (5yrs) so am able to support children fully in their educational needs
- CATS/SATs and 11+
- Teaching piano to all ages
- Teaching singing to all abilities, performance and song-writing (on request)
- SEN trained
- First aid trained and up to date
- Current DBS
- Epi pen trained
- Online lessons offered
Diploma in Public Services
Diploma in Creative Arts
Child protection certified
First aid certified
Diploma in working with children
BSc Psychology degree
7 days a week
|Last Updated: 14/02/2021|
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
- Tutoring from £35.00 per hour
Tutoring English and Maths
1 hour £35 (online) - £40 (face to face)
Beginners piano, Singing, performance and song-writing
Prices start from £30
Contact me for more details
£10 per hour (just childcare)
£12 per hour (childcare and housework)
£14 per hour (just childcare)
£16 per hour (childcare and housework)
£12 per hour (child with special needs)
- Exam Certificate: BSc Psychology msc degree (added 25/01/2021)
- Exam Certificate: Vocal artist diploma (added 25/01/2021)
- Training Certificate: Autism early birds training (added 25/01/2021)
- Training Certificate: Music training (added 25/01/2021)
- Training Certificate: Makaton training (added 25/01/2021)
- Training Certificate: Autism training (added 25/01/2021)
- Training Certificate: paediatric first aid (added 25/01/2021)
- First Aid Certificate: paediatric first aid (added 25/01/2021)
- UK Passport (added 25/01/2021)
- DBS Check (added 25/01/2021)
Below are the latest reviews for Gemma. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Gemma is a very experienced tutor. she is very patient and, engages. When Gemma contacted me, I was very sceptical but Gemma has cleared that up and exceeded my expectation.
My son's has speech and Lanague delay and low cencentration. But with Gemma, it is as if he has no obstacles at all; he is engaged, focus for a whole hour and he enjoys every bit of his session.
He has improved so much and, this is reflecting to his work at school. He looks forward to his sessions every week.
I highly recommend Gemma. She is lovely and excellent at tutoring.
My daughter who is 3.5 years old does zoom piano lessons with Gemma.
Gemma is highly enthusiastic and brings a lot of energy to my daughter's lesson. She is very engaging and has a lot of patience.
Gemma sings and plays very melodiously.
We are very happy to have found her on childcare.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.