Online Safety - Online Training Course
This programme will help you to understand the potential risks and dangers associated with keeping children and young people safe online.
This programme has been accredited with the Police Crime Prevention Initiatives ‘Secured by Design’ seal of approval.
• 2 modules with multiple choice questionnaires
• 2 CPD hours with a personalised downloadable certificate
• 70% pass mark
• Includes the Breck Bednar case study and the Spectrum of vulnerability
Knowing the potential risks and being able to encourage responsible and safe use of the internet is vital to help safeguard children online.
1. Understand how technology is changing and its effects.
2. Become more informed about what children and young people do online.
3. Identify the risks that technology can pose.
4. Understand which children are more vulnerable.
5. Know what we can do as individuals.
6. Enforce good practice guidelines.
• What is meant by ‘Digital natives’?
• What is online exploitation and what are the risks?
• What are children doing online and what are the risks?
• The types of online bullying
• The effects of a poor online reputation
• Which children are vulnerable?
• The four Cs for potential risks that face children online
• The Spectrum of Vulnerability
• What we can do as individuals as parents
• What we should teach children and young people
How to apply
This course normally costs £21 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free
- Optional paid services available