Sustained Shared Thinking - Online Training Course
This programme will provide a thorough insight into the early research methods of Sustained Shared Thinking, and how this research is used today. Using this as a basis, the programme will look at how adults can use this to enhance children’s learning.
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C)
• Two modules with multiple choice questionnaires
• Two CPD hours with a personalised downloadable certificate
• 70% pass mark
• Written with experts at the Pre-school Learning Alliance
The purpose of this programme is to help adults better understand how to enhance learning and development in children.
1. Understand the basic principles of Sustained Shared Thinking.
2. Identify the different ways to engage with a child to aid their development
3. Learn and use the SSTEW scales.
4. Learn how to self-evaluate and reflect on your use of the scales.
This programme is relevant for anyone that works closely with children in an early years setting..
1. Research and what it tells us
• Research into sustained shared thinking and what it tells us/
• Practitioners’ thoughts on sustained shared thinking and implementing.
2. What adults can do to support and promote children’s learning
• What adults can do to support children’s learning.
• The SSTEW rating scale.
• What to do to make it a significant part of normal practise.
How to apply
This course normally costs £21 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Create a free account
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free